ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sky+hd sound

ive just upgraded to the above,only problem is when viewing sd channels volume has to be cranked up a huge amount but when you change to hd channels it nearly blows the speakers to bits.sd channels on old box were way much louder, its doing my head in,HELP..................

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm the opposite, mines loud on sd channels and quieter on hd ones, thats to do with the 5.1 sound though, its always lower.

F56 MINI Cooper S
no idea how it fixed, cant remember now but its now fine on all hd channels. used to be watching something turn it over and it would be blairing out

SQ5
Pull plug out of Sky HD box. Hold back up button and put power back on whilst still holding back up on the box. Wait till all 4 lights come on the front and let go. Box will do a software update.

DannyR,yep done all that,but to late box is on its way back to sky,when i informed sky i was told yes we have had loads of customers sending boxes back due to this ,no mention of yes we will be sorting this out.back to + for me untill they get more hd channels and sort out the cheap shitty boxes that dont seem to be getting tested properly...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Having different volumes on SD or HD channels I can deal with.

What f***s me off is sitting watching an HD program, getting the volume just right (enough sub action to feel it without waking the family up), then when the commercial break starts the volume takes a step up... it's so f***ing loud pictures start falling off the walls and my girls start crying as they think the house is collapsing.

SQ5
Having different volumes on SD or HD channels I can deal with.

What f***s me off is sitting watching an HD program, getting the volume just right (enough sub action to feel it without waking the family up), then when the commercial break starts the volume takes a step up... it's so f***ing loud pictures start falling off the walls and my girls start crying as they think the house is collapsing.

PMSL!! Adverts have always been louder due to the fact most people will go into the kitchen/toilet on ad breaks so it can still be heard ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
There are rules on how much louder the adverts can be compared to the program on at the time. There is a story on BBC News just now about ITV being investigated about overly loud adverts.

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
i got a samsung box and the sound is fine no matter what channel i'm on. Plus it's better with surround sound :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Mine's ok.. but i got lucky with a Samsung box, apparently they're better!

Not true at all! Many people have Amstrads/Pace/Thompson and they are faultless. Just some of the Thompsons had PSU issues but they have seen all resolved now.

In fact, I had a Samsung and it kept crashing all the time (faulty box) and they replaced it with an Amstrad and it has been faultless since.

i got a samsung box and the sound is fine no matter what channel i'm on. Plus it's better with surround sound :)

Yeah, if you set it up correctly which most people don't ;)