ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Clio200 EDC Lux
I had a letter from Sky (current offer of 20% off) ends this month letter basically said the offer will continue for another 18 months without recontracting. With the news about the Discovery channels etc will ring them and expect more or I am out of there.

A shiny black one.
I couldn't care less if the Discovery channels are pulled, I can't see Sky struggling to find alternative content for its customers.

clio 182 turbo
need to read the contract ,but can you get out with them pulling the channels ,its the only programs I watch on there .

Clio 197
Eventually got through , lady I spoke to (on sky chat) was adamant I couldn't cancel as I had agreed to minimum term etc , no breach of contract etc. Going to keep trying.

2007 clio dynamique
Eventually got through , lady I spoke to (on sky chat) was adamant I couldn't cancel as I had agreed to minimum term etc , no breach of contract etc. Going to keep trying.
I have just read my terms and conditions , i have sky q so im not sure if my terms are different but im pretty sure it does say we have the right to cancel , section 14.4 gives all the information so it may be worth giving them a look

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The latest in the mud-slinging competition is from Sky:

We were prepared to pay a fair price for the Discovery and Eurosport channels and invest more in those channels to make them even better for our customers. We have offered hundreds of millions of pounds to Discovery, a US$12B American business but that wasn’t enough. They asked the Sky Group to pay close to £1B ($1.25B) for their portfolio of channels, many of which are in decline

Was that a year, or 5 year deal or what??

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If they bin off Eurosport, I'm off to BT.

Yea rather ironically BT have just dropped the price of their top TV package to £12 a month, and they do offer Discovery channel.

EDIT: It's a tenner if you already have broadband with them???

Listerine & Poledo
Seems many people are having similar thoughts, web chat has been solidly busy all day.
I'd rather give them the chance to cut/paste all the terms/conditions they thinkg are relevant to keeping me stuck to them, than to have Scotty McHaggis get his compo-voice on at me because I'm not going to keep paying for old rope.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea it's abit of a kick in the teeth when a bunch of your fav channels get pulled.
Sky offer loads of channels, but it ends up with you only watching 10 of so of the buggers.

Having said that a billion quid seems pretty steep for just a few of them.................

Listerine & Poledo
Yea it's abit of a kick in the teeth when a bunch of your fav channels get pulled.
Sky offer loads of channels, but it ends up with you only watching 10 of so of the buggers.

Having said that a billion quid seems pretty steep for just a few of them.................
I pretty much only had Sky for the F1 channel, but I can live without that now.
Given the total for all my viewing and broadband would be under £60 with BT, it's a no brainer.

If only they had some way of contacting them

Listerine & Poledo
Straight from webchat to "Greg", the Sky Expert

So, you are in a recontract period until 14/10/17, however if this change does go ahead you would have cancellation rights if you feel you have been materially disadvantaged. this is something that you'd need to progress if the channels are actually removed though.

"Removing 24hr-rolling Wheeler Dealer repeats from every weekend of life is a problem"
"WhereTF is Rick Harrison!"
"So, is Sky going to pick up all the Alpine events? Sky Sports Skiing?"

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Took me an hour to get through to live chat yesterday, got through eventually and it took almost another hour to proceed with cancelling whilst the 'advisor' tried to offer me 20% off, then eventually 40% off before I was firm and said I wanted to cancel. Should've just called up and done it in the end!
Low and behold, couple of hours later and go to Services on the TV > Your Account and a 60% offer is sitting there. Wonder how many people will be leaving if Sky do lose those channels....

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm giving it some thought, I hadn't realised how much stuff BT have to offer and it's a tenner a month!
Currently we're paying nearly £40 a month, and the vast majority of that it shite no-one wants to watch anyway.

dk

911 GTS Cab
it is not in either Sky or Discoveries interest for this to happen, i am fairly confident an arrangement will be made, if there isn't, i'll be pissed off as i like discovery, but i wouldnt leave sky over it as there still isn't a better service out there unfortunately. I would just download the shoes i'll miss like i used to before.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I cancelled Sky about 2 weeks ago, just Sky TV though. Was paying £28 pm for Films, HD, Box Sets. at 50% off 12 months. Contract ended about 2 weeks ago. I cancelled and i rang up they offered iirc 20% off. Later that day on the box i got 60% off for 12 months. But i still didn't take it. On my on line account they now offering 50% off for 10 months. Few months down the line i'll have another look at Sky when everything is settled down and take up a contract under a different name

An orange one
I phoned today and got my package down from £67 to £55... Pleased the channels are staying!

Clio 197
Good news, should have checked first, typed out a full complaint then logged into Sky to get my account details and see that they are being retained :smile:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a letter through today with a £2.50 increase on Box Sets so I got on live chat and have been offered 40% off my whole package, should I say no please process the cancellation and hold out for more?

Inferno 225 cup
I cancelled and moved to Virgin and they are constantly ringing me to go back for £35 a month for everything and I mean everything.

It's still a no.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a letter through today with a 60% discount after I decided not to renew for another year. Sky box sets and sports for £26 per month, tempted.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I got 60% discount after I left last month, so I now get Boxsets, Cinema, Sky Sports plus HD for £36 per month for 12 months.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just cancelled ours.
Guy on the phone was a prick. Offered us £15 off our £120 a month bill.
Just logged online & they are already offering 50% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Just cancelled ours.
Guy on the phone was a prick. Offered us £15 off our £120 a month bill.
Just logged online & they are already offering 50% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£120?! WTF package did you have?