ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Cancelled ours just now. They came back initially with 40% off for 10 months, meaning it would be £52.80 instead of the £80 we currently pay.
Still went ahead and cancelled. Will check in on Friday 25th online and see if there's any offers.

RB Clio 182
Cancelled ours just now. They came back initially with 40% off for 10 months, meaning it would be £52.80 instead of the £80 we currently pay.
Still went ahead and cancelled. Will check in on Friday 25th online and see if there's any offers.
You will get one mate.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You have to prepared to get cut off for the best deals.
I had a mega deal, MSE, for £50 previous year with everything thrown in.
That ran out & suddenly £120!!!!!
Cancelled & waited & waited within the last week of being cut off they came down to £64.
HD everything, unlimited fibre with calls, box sets etc etc.
You have to 'play the game'.

I've bartered with Sky a lot over the years and April this year was the last straw for me, I'd called and had some arrogant barsteward telling me how it was going to be, I asked to speak with the manager, I spoke with a manager and told him that I wasn't happy, they then told me that the deal that they were offering was the best they could do. When I told them about a fellow friends deal they didn't like it.

I told them to cancel and if I'm honest I DO NOT miss it.

We now have ROKU, Amazon Prime & Netflix at a fraction of the Sky price and we have plenty to watch!

I don't play keeping up with the jones' anymore and I'm finacially better off for it :D

Clio 197
I gave in recently and rang (they previously offered me 50% discount) and got 60% off and £50 + £10 credit. £50 pm for fibre , box sets and line rental. Much better than the £77 (that was with the lesser variety package too) The deciding factor was broadband at £20, after doing some price comparisons it's a decent price (although I had paid £10 in the past).
Plus this was for a 12 month contract , better than the 10 they normally offer meaning the last 2 months is full price.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IMG_7910.PNG
My friend who cancelled in August same time as me, just got £5 a month for 12 month plus a £100 credit on the bill!!!

RB Clio 182
@Christ Almighty

Went online tonight and got the offer pop up for 50%

Chatted online, and we got them to 60% off and £50 credit.
So that's the same package (full package with HD), down from £80 a month, to £32 a month!
Tried to get a tv out of the but they weren't having it (giving new customers who get the more expensive packages 43" 4K TV's!)
Nice one mate ;)

Currently 20th in the queue...
Did you guys have just TV or TV, phone and internet? I have all of mine with them.

Inferno 182
I just cancelled our sky so am now bricking it lol I pay 59.40 now and the offered 54.40 so I said no I want better. Fingers crossed for a decent offer

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I think I'll be joining Sky tomorrow.
Just been on to BT about reducing my bill as I currently pay nearly £70 for unlimited fibre, BT TV (shite) BT Sports (unwatchable on the BT Box - again - shite) and evening calls, plus line rental.
He said he can get me a new TV box if I re contract with him today for "only £10". Told him I'll be calling back this week to cancel.

Sky guy in our local shopping centre said he can do the box set bundle?, Unlimited BB (not fibre), line rental and evening and W/E calls for £36 - a tenner more for fibre but that's capped at 25gb pm with a Sky Q box. Think there was a small setup fee.

Might go and see if he can do me a deal with U/L fibre although he said to just get the BB and then wait for a deal to come through for fibre which I might do. Just need to reduce my monthly bills now she's been made redundant.

Listerine & Poledo
BT Sports (unwatchable on the BT Box - again - shite)

Tell me more about this problem, as BT Sport is (other than Motors TV), my main point of Motorsports so was gthinking of scrapping off Sky in favour of the BT top-package

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me more about this problem, as BT Sport is (other than Motors TV), my main point of Motorsports so was gthinking of scrapping off Sky in favour of the BT top-package

I have BT fibre unlimited yet can't watch HD or sport/anything online through my box due to connection issues. Can watch HD through my smart TV and stream through that or my Playstation without issues.

It might be better on the newer boxes but I'm not going into a new contract to find out.

Listerine & Poledo
I have BT fibre unlimited yet can't watch HD or sport/anything online through my box due to connection issues. Can watch HD through my smart TV and stream through that or my Playstation without issues.

It might be better on the newer boxes but I'm not going into a new contract to find out.
OK, thanks fella.
Out in the grimdark of the Fens, broadband is narrower than a canal boat so looks like I'm stuck to the TV from heaven

Inferno 182
Well it worked for me I got 60% off my sky tv for a year and then I got £7.50 a month off my fibre broadband so all in from £69.40 down to £42.40 a month

I scrapped sky and got Bt infinity 2 with top tv package and it works a treat for me no matter what anyone else is doing on wifi in the house.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just got the box set bundle with unlimited fibre, line rental and calls for 45pm. Much better than the 70 we are paying for BT at the moment.
Install date on Thursday which I thought was pretty quick, just hope everything comes in the post before that!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone gone from BT to sky for the broadband and had issues?
I switched everything to sky. TV activation day is tomorrow and fibre Jan 3rd (I think). When I signed up, the guy told me that the router is just plug and play and will work straight away even though I'll still be on bt for another couple of weeks.
Turns out it won't, or at least it won't for me. Hopefully the sky engineer can get the Q Box working with the BT router/ get my Internet working on Sky router tomorrow

SQ5
Sky Hub won't work if your line is still on BT, plug your BTHH back in until broadband switches over. Sky Q works with any router now

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Sky Hub won't work if your line is still on BT, plug your BTHH back in until broadband switches over. Sky Q works with any router now
I've done that and I'm back on my BTHH. Wasn't sure if sky would work through that tomorrow or not.
The guy told me it would work straight away but I suppose once he's made the sale he doesn't really give a f**k.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a message come through saying a few channels are being taken off sky from Feb 1st.

In the UK and Ireland, this includes DMAX, Animal Planet, ID, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Discovery Shed, Discovery Home & Health, Discovery History, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery, TLC and Quest.

That's a bit s**t tbh.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
All the discovery channels? No point recording fast n loud that starts jan 30 then[emoji38].
I knocked my sky tv to basic package and joined Netflix. Not short of stuff to watch and not missing anything either. £30 in my sky rocket too[emoji4]

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So basically all the channels I watch and my fav shows.
Grand.
Oh and I'm stuck in a new(ish) Sky Q contract.
Grand.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently they can. I only signed up in December..

Might have to give them a call and see about a price reduction.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can probably get out of the contract, they've ripped out a ton of decent channels.