ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: Project 172k Trophy, & its endless track abuse

How much driving on the actual track do you get for all that cost mate?

Not really sure, probably about 2 to 2.5 hours i guess? Depends on the track/weather/how long you leave between sessions, etc. For me, its definately worth the cost, you cant get anywhere those sorts of speeds/handling situations on the roads, unless you're a complete bellend of course ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

James put these up for sale:

DSC02871.jpg

I buckled.

Anyone want some Imola's? Look lovely now i've given them a clean :approve:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Another update, purely from a cost reduction perspective :dapprove:

Shouldnt have sold my last set really lol:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Have also sold my stereo & handsfree kit. Trophy is going to be bare.

2118's will be sale after xmas, so pm me if interested.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Those wheels made Moses cry iirc.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Fitted 4 of the Trophy's Christmas presents yesterday, at work, in the dark :cool:

However, after driving home 45 miles, the 'recently balanced' wheels & tyres clearly werent lol ... more vibrations than a lonely housewifes battery operated friend!! Got them redone this morning at the local Kazachstani tyre fitters - for best cash price obviously (TM Daniel Colshe).

Still, for all the haters of cheapo wheels, here it is, in all its unclean glory:

ca51838c.jpg

New Years Day will bring a hangover, & the fitting of my new dished beauty:

6e16edfa.jpg

Then i really need to get the seats in, & the Sportlines/camber bolts on :D

Clio 172

Dave I had a rmd wheel on my saxo, ideal !! Shame I wrecked it by not wearing gloves but meh, will be a huge improvement

330i. E30 Touring.

I've got an OMP horn button in the shed you can have if you want?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Hate those wheels. So poorly made around the yellow strip.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Well, Saturday brought two things, rain & fire.

The first, well that wasnt really anyones fault, but i needed to get the car up in the air to fit the Bimarco's, this involved me getting wet & dirty :dapprove: But after much swearing, adjustments and bolting/unbolting, i had two new seats. Shame that upon the initial installation i couldnt reach the pedals. Being short like Christoper FTL. After attempt 7, they seem to be comfy enough, more tweaking required though, & Sarah's moaning that her seat is too upright, despite it being on the most 'relaxed' setting ...

Once that was done, i thought i would attempt the new steering wheel, foolishly thinking that it would be easy, like the Saxo one. Nope, the airbag, horn & cruise wires were a pain, & i fitted the boss upside down so all manner of warning lights came up on the dash - amazing how fitting a steering wheel incorrectly affects the ABS & TC :S

So then, onto the test drive, where my new steering wheel highlighted the fact that my tracking is waaaaay out, with the wheel at 45 degrees when going in a straight line. FFS. Then, i decided to make sure my horn still worked, this was a bad idea.

burnout60lt2bg.jpg

Well almost!! Something fizzed, smoke appeared & i feared that the internet phenomenon 'V6 on Fire' might soon become a distant memory in the presence of 'Trophy on Fire'. Panic set in & i did what any competent FailSport mechanic would do, i checked my feshly opened can of Pepsi Max over my new steering wheel :eek: Not sure if it was a good idea, ie water + electrics, etc, but the car didnt catch fire, so im happy enough, wheels a bit sticky though ...

Upon speaking to Ollie, it sounds like the horn wire had sparked on the metal boss, & tried to recreate the big bang. Doh.

In addition, after continued 'wobbling', i inspected the Pro Race 1.2's i had just bought/had balanced and one of them has a bulge in it, which would explain why they still feel awful. Now normally, i wouldnt be too upset, but i sold my my perfect condition 2118's in order to save some money, now i need to go & buy another set of wheels, aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh :mad:

Anyways, here are some awful pictures, will update again once i've cleaned it, fitted the Sportlines/another set of wheels & a new splitter :D

326fe8e5.jpg

00ff6edf.jpg

067a5c99.jpg

340i

A brilliant update.

LOL at the steering wheel, big bang attempt!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Dave I have an OMP version of that wheel you could have had for peanuts! Better quality too!

Just read all the writing, you're truly a funny guy. <3

Anyway, the reason you got fire was because (I think) you wired the horn backwards, although there are only two connection, basically one of them is an earth and is earth through a bar, but if you put them the wrong way round, the live goes through the bar, joins to the metal of the boss and sparks and fire, fun! Not.

Megane 225 F1

Failsport FTW! I genuinely lol'd at throwing pepsi over the wheel.

I usually hate TD's but they look really nice on the Trophey. Keep up the good work :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Anyway, the reason you got fire was because (I think) you wired the horn backwards, although there are only two connection, basically one of them is an earth and is earth through a bar, but if you put them the wrong way round, the live goes through the bar, joins to the metal of the boss and sparks and fire, fun! Not.

O. That might explain it then lol. Sarah's dad (proper electronics engineer) said that i was never allowed to work on the car unsupervised again lol, im an ejit apparently :eek:

Still added a 'spark' of excitement to the day i suppose ;)

Re: the 2118's. Can i have them back? Although, i do have my eye on something else ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Ha ha, nah the wheels fine, only got the Pepsi over the centre bit, & thats all cleaned off now ;)

Great wheel though, shame my hands are now black lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

LOL at the can of Pepsi :cool:

Looks great inside Dave!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Sorry mate my cars become quite attached to them! Oh an your right, feels much better on 15's!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I see having your seat forward might have an effect on your leg position vs the accelerator? The seat looks totally off centre

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I see having your seat forward might have an effect on your leg position vs the accelerator? The seat looks totally off centre

Nah, its just my incredibly poor cameraphone skillz :eek:

The centre of the seat cushion is exactly in line with the centre of the steering wheel, although coming from the Recaro's, i am finding it odd not physically standing on the pedals AKA like in a Transit!! Need to adjust my heel & toe technique i feel.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I love the fact that I'm a seat position yardstick.

Looks good mate!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

O. That might explain it then lol. Sarah's dad (proper electronics engineer) said that i was never allowed to work on the car unsupervised again lol, im an ejit apparently :eek:

Still added a 'spark' of excitement to the day i suppose ;)

Re: the 2118's. Can i have them back? Although, i do have my eye on something else ...

Ahh i didn't realise you didn't get any sound from your horn at all.....unless you count the fizzing and crackling.......my horn worked for a while after i fitted it (so you failed harder...on this occasion) but then it self combusted after it shorted on the inside of the boss.

I FAIL. YOU FAIL. WE FAIL. FAILSPORT.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Ok, so after the bent wheel saga, my faith in 2nd hand wheels was slightly 'dented' :dapprove:

As such, and for the 1st time in probably 5 or 6 years, i bought some car stuff new, i.e. unused, not from eBay, CS or Sax-P. Whilst, i'm aware that this does somewhat go against my usual policy, the term 'buy cheap, buy twice' could never be more apparent at the moment ...

And well, Demon Tweeks did me a rather good deal ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Mondays update.

Skoda splitter = fitted, badly, with self tappers, & not straight
*** **** * wheels = arrived, currently under desk at work
4 x Toyo T1R's = on order, being delivered tomorrow apparently
Sportlines = hopefully being fitted tomorrow.

Thursday night, Staines meet for the unveiling of the remodelled shed ... ?

I hope so ;)

Pics, at some point, when its all done.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

So the wheels are Pro Race's of some sort then? ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Thought i better update the project thread now the cars finished.

Havent driven in for 2 weeks as the tracking/camber is miles out, but the changes have made an awesome difference!! Roll on Donington on 13th March ...

Spec is as follows:

15" Pro Race 3's with T1R's, Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines/Dot4, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline rear ARB, Eibach camber bolts set to -1.75 degrees, BTB catback exhaust, Espace V6 airbox with ITG filter, Skoda wonky front splitter, RMD Dished steering wheel, 2 x Bimarco Futuras & OMP 3" 4 point harnesses. Rear seats are still in as i like to be able to use the boot.

DSC04011.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

DSC04016.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04019.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

DSC04021.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

Hope you like :eek:

340i

I think somebody has over tightened / incorrectly fitted their rear ARB ;)

DSC04025.jpg

Where it attaches to the bottom of the shock absorber... looks twisted, compressed and the bush split?!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I feel like i've already seen these pictures. :eek:

Looks great mate, detailers need not apply.

Ktnxbi.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I think somebody has over tightened / incorrectly fitted their rear ARB ;)

Where it attaches to the bottom of the shock absorber... looks twisted, compressed and the bush split?!

Yes to all of the above lol.

My bar seems to be one of the ones that was built incorrectly, so the droplinks fit to the inside of the bar, not the outside - like 99% of the other ones out there - hence its kinda 'bodged' on. And yes, i over tightened it, like nigh on every other nut/bolt i touch ...

There is 'finger tight', 'f*cking tight', then 'Dave tight' iirc ;)

But lets be honest, thats the FailSport way.

Handles ok anyhow. As you lot say oop nurth 'be rite' ...