ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

997.1, Caddy, e208
Raise it with them, the coders are two seriously skilled people and are decent guys, they'll want to fix it.

One of them bought an Xbox 360 that was 'hackable', but upon receiving it, it wasn't

Rather than complain about it, he learned VHDL and hacked it himself 😂 something our team hadn't managed to achieve in months. It was that event that resulted in the two people collaborarting first for the 360, then into collectiveminds.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah I replied to the email and asked what they think might be causing the issues in D2.0, as that's an old game now, so plenty of people will have used the drivehub with it. Glad it's working on EAWRC at least. Now I just need to learn to use the handbrake without binning it :ROFLMAO:

Clio
I think I might have an apology to make to UPS.

I thought I'd contact Fanatec to see if they can speed things along with my order and get the UPS dispute resolved as its waiting on them.

When looking at the order on their website all the products have a serial number against them apart from the CSL DD that never turned up. What is the bets the s**t show that is Fanatec has just not boxed up the CSL DD.

I've sent Fanatec customer services another email now with these details. Lets see how that goes.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
"I have sat on my sofa with the wheel in hand going brrrrm brrrrm brrrrm but I wasn't really impressed with the sim feeling that gave. At least things can only get better from there on in."

🤣 (y)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Next step @mace¬ apply for a job there?

IMG_2423.png

Clio
My comments have now gone from just being posted to being passed to a moderator for approval first.....

Well at least someone is reading them.

Clio
Quennan pulls out and gives up after he has been smashing like he is Thor and she asks if its in yet. I don't give up.

Clio
Losing the will to live.

Had a response from Fanatec customer support today.

Pretty much says, we see you've raised a case against the parcel, our hipping partner may reach out to you. When there is an update we'll reach out to you.

In what word do they think that is acceptable? Not we'll look into it for you, we'll chase our shipping partner etc.

Think Quennan might be having the last laugh.

Pretty much been banned from posting on their Forum as well. Nothing gets past moderation.

S24NRC

ClioSport Club Member
  RS197
Disappointing this. The Fanatec stuff that I have used I actually quite like and fancy getting some to replace my 10 year old G27.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
There's an attempt at a Forza night next week. If anyone needs a free PC Game Pass trial let me know.

Clio
Ok, so progress today.

Looks like there has been some communication between UPS and Fanatec.
1705588926482.png

UPS seem to have wiped their hands with it.
1705589335186.png

Now I'm guessing that they are going to say that they have sent the parcel as the delivery note does say its 4 parcels in the package and 16Kg. Who knows what happens now as if UPS are going to have to stump up then the parcel value is marked as free on the order. The original order was part of a bundle with a discount
1705589172278.png

So how does this work out? My hopes of resolving something with Fanatec after are close to zero.

Not looking good.

On a side note I have emailed Thomas Jackermeier the CEO to see if that gets passed on to someone who can actually help!

Attachments

• 1705589155006.png
    1705589155006.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 34
  Clio
Look dear I've bought this, it was well cheap but it won't fit in my office. You know that nice bit of the garden in the sun where I promised you a patio, we are going to need a SIM shed.

What could go wrong?

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Look dear I've bought this, it was well cheap but it won't fit in my office. You know that nice bit of the garden in the sun where I promised you a patio, we are going to need a SIM shed.

What could go wrong?
Sell the screens and buy a vr headset or an ultrawide.

The wheel is another €2.2k plus VAT.

I think I've spent like £2k on my setup inc PC and I've got the civic of sims...

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

What could go wrong?

That’s the spirit 👍

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone use a console for sim racing? I’d like to get my PC back into my office for playing FPS and other games, and a PS5 or Xbox X seems like the most cost effective replacement given the insane cost of graphics cards at the moment.

Console lock-in is bloody annoying but I mainly play F1 23 anyway, thoughts?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Does anyone use a console for sim racing? I’d like to get my PC back into my office for playing FPS and other games, and a PS5 or Xbox X seems like the most cost effective replacement given the insane cost of graphics cards at the moment.

Console lock-in is bloody annoying but I mainly play F1 23 anyway, thoughts?

Unless you want Gran Turismo then Xbox would have most other racing games and you might be able to get them through game pass?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like GT, but honestly I suspect something like one of the Forza games would be just fine.

Hmmm they're doing 0% finance on them at the moment and are including game pass ultimate. £32 a month for 24 months for an XBox series X and game pass ultimate. Not the greatest deal, but doesn't seem too shabby for the cost of a couple of streaming subscriptions.

Also my current wheel and pedals are XBox compatible so that would be an easy change too.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much at a point now where I'm happy with my setup. It's a bit of a mix and match but it works for me.

The WRC Playseat, Fanatec Clubsport pedals and Thrustmaster TS-PC wheelbase were a £450 bundle off FB Marketplace, which was a steal when you consider the cost of those pedals by themselves. I've added the Fanatec Shifter, Moza Handbrake and WRC Thrustmaster wheel as I usually stick to rally games so it's perfect for that, especially as the shifter can switch between manual and sequential. Now I just need to upgrade to a nice 1440p 27" curved monitor and it'll be job done!

Only downside is that it's a bit of a b*****d to get into; I've ended up giving myself a prostate checkup with the handbrake when I sat down too early 😬
IMG_0597.jpeg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like GT, but honestly I suspect something like one of the Forza games would be just fine.

Hmmm they're doing 0% finance on them at the moment and are including game pass ultimate. £32 a month for 24 months for an XBox series X and game pass ultimate. Not the greatest deal, but doesn't seem too shabby for the cost of a couple of streaming subscriptions.

Also my current wheel and pedals are XBox compatible so that would be an easy change too.

Bugger it, ordered an XBox X on that 0% finance. Klarna FTW :ROFLMAO:

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
XBox arrived today, just had my first F1 2023 session on it. I'm really pleased, I think I've gone the right way for me even though the library is a bit limited. Between F1 '23 and Forza Motorsport I've got plenty to try, and there's always the GRID series too.

It's nice to have my PC hooked back up to my good monitor for a bit of FPS shooty shooty death..... which is also making me want a better monitor for the sim setup because my ultrawide is soooooooooo much better than the ancient screen which is hooked up to the sim rig.

Now, a gaming ultrawide, or a honking great big 4K OLED TV.... decisions, decisions.

<sigh> it never ends, does it?