ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

Fiesta ST-3
In having a right mare at the moment. My sims are leaving as they have no money and my factories shutting as they have no workers? Wtf?

Nissan 350z
Develop neighbouring cities up and come back to that one later. They will be able to find workers/jobs from each other.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Servers were constantly disconnecting for me tonight (despite appearing to be fine), I managed to invite a couple of people. In my experience it's best to stop playing when the server disconnects, I've lost at least an hours worth of building on more than one occasion when that happens.

If you're not already, send me an Origin friend request (ukaskew37), that will speed things up a bit.

Gorms - I invited you about 2hrs ago, it can be a bit slow/broken though so I will check again tomorrow.

Can I get an invite? I'm added as a friend but don't seem to have an invite.

Cheers.

GTD, Lupo
Ok... well im starting to fall out of love with this game now. Purely because of all the little bugs. Im slowly running out of water and no matter what i try i cant get anymore. I have a pump plant next to sewage works but its just not enough. I cant seem to even buy water from a city near by. Might give the game a miss till some updates come out as its annoying.

Raking it in :)

6oz86q.png

If anyone needs any funds let me know :)

I think I'm trying to develop my cities too quickly. Ended up running out of space due to poor road planning. Might have to get bulldozer happy tomorrow!

HBT 172 Cup
c**ting game is pissing me off, ive got about 5 Ore refinarys, 2 coal refinarys, 2 processor factorys, 3 recycling centres all churning out loads of plastic, alloy, metal e.t.c

Had about £400k in the bank, left it going as i was walking the dogs, came back and i was bankrupt, all my trade depots/ports and nigh on full, the roads are so jammed i just dont think they can get the stock about.

tempted to bulldoze the whole thing and start again.

Is there any space in the cliosport server?

Nissan 350z
I still cant get my head around the traffic system this game utilizes. I've made at least 6 different cities now all with traffic flow/layout in mind and designed as few junctions as possible (which seems to be the root cause of traffic backlogs, s**t lane discipline). My city with 150k has no worse traffic issues than my city with 30k. It seems 20k is fine, 30k is congested and then it doesnt seem to scale anymore?

Ive also reached 150k by placing no parks what so ever and my houses and population has increased on their own to become my bigges city ive had yet with the smallest land value investment... wtf? What motivation is there to pump $3k per month maintaining parks when you do better without them?

GTD, Lupo
My City keeps coming up with a message saying a process has gone wrong then i have to roll back the game to the previous save. It the just keeps repeating.

M135i
How the hell do you get it to send crates of alloy and processors to the solar farm construction ? I'm exporting them by the thousand but the solar farm doesn't get any of it !!!

How the hell do you get it to send crates of alloy and processors to the solar farm construction ? I'm exporting them by the thousand but the solar farm doesn't get any of it !!!

I got it by changing it to use locally, going back to the region/great works vie and clicking the standby button to send things to it.

im doing pretty well for a rookie I reckon, got 13m in the bank and about 100k sims living there. Just need to branch out to find oil so I can start my space program :D

not a clio anymore
I bought the game and then realised my laptop wasn't really upto the job. Reading this the game sounds awesome just need to buy a new computer before I can find out. Any recommendations of spec?

M135i
I got it by changing it to use locally, going back to the region/great works vie and clicking the standby button to send things to it.

im doing pretty well for a rookie I reckon, got 13m in the bank and about 100k sims living there. Just need to branch out to find oil so I can start my space program :D

Manged to get the trucks to go over to the solar farm but the number of resources isn't changing. Plenty of trucks going though.

Manged to get the trucks to go over to the solar farm but the number of resources isn't changing. Plenty of trucks going though.

I think it's part of the server load issues, took a while for it to update for me.

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/simcity-something-extra

List of free game choice now up ^

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
MOHW (Standard Edition)
NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Available Thursday for Europe

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Ahhh that explains the email i got last night.

spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We know we messed up and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us. The good news is we have solved all of the major issues and players are really enjoying the game. We’re getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and are exploring this whole new expression of SimCity.

As a small token of our appreciation, we are offering you a free EA PC game download on Origin*. Mayors who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin by 25th March can select a free game through a redemption portal inside the Origin desktop client later this week. We’ll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by 22nd March.

We don’t want any of you to miss out your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before 26th March 2013 at 06:59am and you must claim your free game by 31st March 2013 at 7:59am. For more information including instructions on how to get your free game and a list of eligible games, please read our FAQ. We’ve included some of the hottest games in the EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!
[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sincerely,
Maxis
[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Nissan 350z
Well after racking up 50'ish hours ive come to the conclusion the following needs fixing:

- Add the ability to restart/delete a city instead of having to delete the entire region.
- Fix the water table so it refills without having to delete and rebuild pumping stations constantly when the ground dries up.
- Retarded traffic AI. Buses getting stuck, cars only using 1 lane, emergency vehicles queueing with traffic wtf?
- Add overpasses/one way streets/traffic light priority to help manage traffic

Ive also had some unusual moments where tourists visit the city and suddenly EVERY commercial building decides to "upgrade" to hotels/motels then all proceed to go out of business due to massive competition for minimal visitors... not sure if thats a bug or what?

Nissan 350z
So rainwater doesnt refill the water table but treated sewage does.... whaaaat?

Glad im not the only one whos noticed the retarded traffic!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio v6 255
The water is messed up. It says in the manual if you put a pump next to water it is unlimited however it's my the case.

It seems to me it's avenues that don't work properly. I have a city with 120k people full of high density streets instead of avenues and I have no problems. I have another city which has 20k people and a lot of avenues and have no end of traffic problems

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I was going to create a ClioSport 2nd region tonight, as I've asked for an invite to the existing one but not had it.

Clio v6 255
Is there a search function I am completely oblivious which filters out full regions and shows ones with free plots/abandoned cities?

Mondeo ST220
In places it's very good but it still has some serious flaws.

I think I'll still end up playing SC4!

I was going to create a ClioSport 2nd region tonight, as I've asked for an invite to the existing one but not had it.

Apologies, I was taken into hospital last Saturday and only just got home. I'm unlikely to be playing for a while so probably best to start/join a new region.