ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

Got it last night and did the tutorial. Tonight I got home from work at 7 and I have had to force myself to stop playing it and go to bed. Only gripe for me so far is the cities need to be bigger, I have around 90k citizens but have no space to create more residential zones. How do I go about increasing the current capacity with larger buildings quicker? (I've never played a SimCity game before :eek:)

HBT 172 Cup
This game is consuming every available moment of my life, and i still dont really know how to play it 'properly' lol

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Got it last night and did the tutorial. Tonight I got home from work at 7 and I have had to force myself to stop playing it and go to bed. Only gripe for me so far is the cities need to be bigger, I have around 90k citizens but have no space to create more residential zones. How do I go about increasing the current capacity with larger buildings quicker? (I've never played a SimCity game before :eek:)

I found this, but just let it run.

Ignore the demand for residential etc etc. Just leave it.

I would upgrade the roads as much as you possibly can though.

Houses will start turning into apartment buildings, then tower blocks etc etc. The density will increase and so will your population.

Managed to get a pop of over 200k with a lot of space left on the map!

Taking me quite a bit of time to properly get into, sunk about 5 hours in today. Guess I played SC4 pretty much for the last 9 years so knew all the tricks and how to play the game.

M135i
Struggling to get over 60k people in my full city now.

Also is there a big with the recycling plant. It soon got full but cnt find a way to empty it or sell it off or what ever. Any1 know what I'm missing or doing wrong ?

The whole protest about germs doesn't seem to go away at all.

Fiesta ST
Struggling to get over 60k people in my full city now.

Also is there a big with the recycling plant. It soon got full but cnt find a way to empty it or sell it off or what ever. Any1 know what I'm missing or doing wrong ?

The whole protest about germs doesn't seem to go away at all.

Set up a Trade Depot

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Here's a couple of mine, it was just over 200,000 but it's becoming a struggle to maintain.

SimCity1_zps400ec8dc.gif

SimCity2_zps589716a8.gif

Fiesta ST-3
I am being consumed by this game.

It is brilliant.

But in my opinion it restricts creativity massively simply because the city sizes are far too small. It pretty much encourages you to have square cities as you have to maximise space.

Nissan 350z
What is up with the traffic system in this game? My city only has 70k population and its total gridlock 24/7 with cars queueing out of the zone day and night. I have a ferry, i have a maxed bus terminal, i have a maxed streetcar terminal going down the avenues. Nothing helps.
And now its making this worse as the firetrucks cant reach fires due to getting snarled up in traffic constantly.

And no i havent been a r****d with planning the road system. I have a sort of "+" design in the middle of the map with long uninterupted streetcar avenues.

I really need this game.

I'm running Windows 7 via Parallels on a MBPR, can anyone confirm its going to run smoothly or should I just wait for the Mac version.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Them screenshots look awesome!!!
The size of that city though and the borders you can build in looks rubbish!!

Part of Sim City 4 i used to love is having large areas so you could have industrial, residential and things like waste quite far apart!!

Titanium 182
As soon as there's a pirate version available where you can save and play offline I'm getting it. I wonder if you could just change the code to save online to a personal server instead of ea's. That could bypass the authentication crap stopping people pirating it.

I am being consumed by this game.

It is brilliant.

But in my opinion it restricts creativity massively simply because the city sizes are far too small. It pretty much encourages you to have square cities as you have to maximise space.

Your city has saved mine a few times today, I was pretty much bankrupt when my sewage system clogged up, so I bought some capacity from you (and power and water briefly!)

Fiesta ST-3
Your city has saved mine a few times today, I was pretty much bankrupt when my sewage system clogged up, so I bought some capacity from you (and power and water briefly!)

Yea I've been taking water from you all day haha. It is pretty cool. Your city is doing well mate. Pretty big.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Can I get an invite to the CS region also ( garethcamp ), if I need to do anything just let me know

Anyone who wants a spot needs to access Euro West 5 and at the very least open and close the tutorial. I can't ping an invite into the region over until you've done that. I will be on tomorrow afternoon so I will catch up with the recent requests then.

As there doesn't appear to be loads of us you are welcome to 2 city plots each.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Anyone who wants a spot needs to access Euro West 5 and at the very least open and close the tutorial. I can't ping an invite into the region over until you've done that. I will be on tomorrow afternoon so I will catch up with the recent requests then.

I've sent a request and logged onto Europe West 5, cheers.

987 Boxster S

I have accessed Europe West 5 and opened and closed the tutorial. Please send an invite, my origin user name is craigyash. Thanks.

Bux

Golf GTD
Can I get an invite to the region guys? TBuxton

Trying to actually load the game up at the moment but keeps disconnecting saying it cannot connect to the servers :(

Servers were constantly disconnecting for me tonight (despite appearing to be fine), I managed to invite a couple of people. In my experience it's best to stop playing when the server disconnects, I've lost at least an hours worth of building on more than one occasion when that happens.

If you're not already, send me an Origin friend request (ukaskew37), that will speed things up a bit.

Gorms - I invited you about 2hrs ago, it can be a bit slow/broken though so I will check again tomorrow.