ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone #44

GTD, Lupo
Some of you might remember my old 200.

DSC_0814.jpg

Hopefully should be able to get some better pictures up at the weekend but here are a couple i took after giving it a good clean today.

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

I had a paint guard fitted to the front end and some of the areas my old 200 suffered with stone chips so hopefully this one will stay fresh. The car had one or two paint issues when i picked it up and im currently waiting on Renault to sort these out but once done i will be fitting my projector headlights.

Gave the car a good going over with my new Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic kit and it came up pretty well.

DSC_0175.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why the change fella?

Also, didnt you think the cup spoiler is a bit chavla?

200 Gordini
There were some good offers on these so maybe that was why? Looks really nice though, shame they don't have projectors. Do the Silverstones have folding mirrors?

GTD, Lupo
Im off to afghan again soon and was looking at getting a 250 when i get back as my old 200 would be 3 years old and i wanted out before the warranty went.

The 250 is an amazing car but with looking to buy a house and only doing 5k a year i couldnt justify spending that amount of money. I got offered a pretty good deal on the Silverstone and decided to do it.

I also liked the idea of there being 50 of them (i know there is no big difference). Drove into work last week and another lad on camp has one :mad:.

GTD, Lupo
There were some good offers on these so maybe that was why? Looks really nice though, shame they don't have projectors. Do the Silverstones have folding mirrors?

No folding mirrors but i will be fitting my projectors once Renault sort a bit paint chips around my headlight.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! Nice change dude.

Lot worse cars to change to!

Will hold its value better than a normal, non spec-edition white 200 (when people realise white cars are a fad) ;)

Really like these Silverstones, just a shame a small performance increase, say 10-15 bhp wasnt part of the package.

Merc
Looked like storm grey on the second pic. Get some interior pics up. There was a bloke on 197/200.net who had one of these with leather recaros, looked lovely.

Looks good but still can't get my head around the cup spoiler. It looks ok-ish when you look at the car from the front, but when I view it from the rear it sits to high. Marmite etc.

@rob it's silver.

GTD, Lupo
Cheers guys.

To be honest I did really like the White but as said it is a small fad and I'm sure with time people will be sick of them.

The silver is growing on me and under certain lights it really shows of the shape of the car. No leather unfortunately but I am enjoying all the little extras you get over a cup. Will try get some better pictures up tomorrow and some interior shots.

GTD, Lupo
Small update, nothing massive.

Projector headlights fitted along with stubby arial and silvervisions.

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Oh and an interior pic for who ever it was who asked. Nothing special just a FF Clio with different mats and the Renault monitor thingie.

DSC_0185.jpg

Only just noticed a few people mentioned the cup spoiler and i did think and still do think its a little chavvy! The only issue was i didn't like the car without a spoiler and i couldn't be bothered going through all the hassle of getting another one sent from Ktec and then needing paint and fitting. The last one turn out pretty expensive, so i told the sales guy i wouldn't by the car without a spoiler and got the Cup one for free so couldn't complain.

Future plans include coilovers and maybe some 17" turinis (big maybe)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks lovely mate! Best colour I've seen on a 200, other than Ultra Red.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Best colour bar Nimbus. I'm f**king loving that dude. Stunning spec.

How much more would you say it was over a "normal" 200 in that spec?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Great colour - still hate those spoilers with a passion mind :)

GTD, Lupo
Best colour bar Nimbus. I'm f**king loving that dude. Stunning spec.

How much more would you say it was over a "normal" 200 in that spec?

I think list price for a Silverstone is £19,995, not sure how much list is for a normal 200 though.

I read somewhere that to spec a normal 200 to the same spec is about £21k so considering i paid near £4k less than that i dont think it was a bad deal at the time.

Will you put the Speedlines on your Meg Tim? Will have a word with you at the next meet or even the Karting one if it happens before i go away.

Ordered some wind deflectors and a couple of other little bits today so will update when fitted.

Mini Cooper S
Nice change, just seems a bit pointless to me. Yes you've gained a better spec'd, newer car. But was there anything wrong with the old one?
I know you don't have to justify your change, reasonable answer would be 'cos I wanted to!'.

GTD, Lupo
Yeah ebay is your best bet, unfortunatly i snapped one of them being silly so will need to re-order but that can wait till next year!

GTD, Lupo
Re: Silverstone #44 Update

Ok small update on the 200.

Nothing major just a clean after the car sat for 2 months while i was in Afghan, warranty work and just a couple of interior parts.

The car went back to Renault on my return as the paint on the NS wing and spoiler had been damaged when the car was being assembled. It also went in for another bracket on the drivers seat to be replaced due to it still knocking. This is now fixed but every time i pull the seat forward it does not hold the seat position on the rail. To be fixed at a later date.

So i gave the car a mid winter clean, took 2 days in total and i got a cold but was worth it as it was covered in tar. Used my Jeff's Acrylic Jett set again and a shed load of Tardis. Also sprayed the center caps and fitted black wheel bolt covers.

No before pics im sorry as i like to get the job done.

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

My dad also got me the new Renault Sport gear knob for Christmas and a steering wheel insert so fitted them after giving the inside a good clean. The dash on the "FF" 200 is a nightmare to clean. Tried using 303 aerospace but kind of gave up half way.

DSC_0401.jpg

Also gutted as it was ready in time for the south central meet but puppy training finished to late and i had a stinking cold. Think i saw Tim`s Meg (very dirty btw) at the shops as i was picking up some man flu tablets.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it mate. That colour combo is easily the best on the 200.

It's so much more than "just Silver".

Über jealous, the only real 200 that makes me jealous for some reason. Only difference is the GT spoiler is much classier with the Silver especially.