ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

silver ph1 172 on track today at oulton

182 ff with cup pack's
I was there to car looked good on track noticed it had a cliosport sticker in the window

182 ff with cup pack's
I came over and had a look at your c2 when u was doing some work on the suspension. Your c2 was flying on track!! Saw your Clio in the carpark too. What spec is the c2?

Cooksport Fleet
its just a stock engine mate. different ecu and exhaust thats all

:)

We were changing spring rates all day, trying to find some handling with that 70kgs of success ballast!!

200bhp itb'd iceberg
yeh i was wandering around and saw your cars was also looking at the ex clio cup race car
cal46 im sure i spoke to you while looking at it? lol

182 ff with cup pack's
You mite of done mate can't remember did you all see the vw caddy running 720bhp!!! Lol

200bhp itb'd iceberg
no i didnt see that!
the c2 looked like it was goin well
there was a fair few focus's rs's there wasnt there lol

Cooksport Fleet
Yeah u should have seen the flames commin out the back of one of them!!!

That clio cup race car was running 215bhp on ITBs with a omex standalone ECU. It was on R888's

i thought they where 205bhp anyway lol?

They was still slower than the c2 tho!

182 ff with cup pack's
I was there with the rs lot. The Clio cup racer was a White one dint think it was running itb want that quick. Booked on the 18th of November at oulton park with the rs lot again so should be good!!

Cooksport Fleet
Yeah white one mate, he got the ITB conversion for just over 1k, including the omex 600...?? that was all in.

I wish i knew where to get it that cheap!

a thirsty one
hello,

i was there but watching only on that day.

say the silver 182 with the lowered suspension and darker rims, looked really nice. also saw the c2 that was really flying.

the silver 172 ph1 was a bloke i have done a few trackdays with but dont know his name, he is a marshall at the track as well.

the white one i have seen a few times, he was haing trouble with steering rack in the morning, had itb's and omex looked quite nice.

jono - it was me mate at the cup car garage who got chatting, hello again.

Cooksport Fleet
I was the driver of the C2 and that silver clio with darker rims is mine! The silver 172 is pritty standard, he is a member on here, but said he very rarely comes on.

The clio cup had a lot of potential but they dont know anything about the car, they havnt touched, tracking or suspension set up since they bought it.

Me and my team (Hayden Motorsport) where giving them some pointers. The clio cup ended early with an exhaust which fell off!! As did i with failed brakes at the end of the longest straight!! stopped about 2 meters from the barrier!!

a thirsty one
blimey what happened just massive fade or did something brake? must have been a 50p - 5p moment downstairs.

loved the colour of the rims i was talking last week about having mine sprayed, what colour are they mate? dont want gloss black as would look out of place on my car and the tyres would always look dirty.

Cooksport Fleet
they are Ford Graphite Grey, i referbed them myself with spray cans!

we couldnt figure out what it was, but didnt take enough to the track for spares brake wise as we never have had problems before!!

a thirsty one
they looked like a really good finish mate i would be very pleased with them, i sprayed my last track wheels myself (black with blue stripe) and soon found out the spraying was not a talent i can say is mine, i dont have the patience.

sprayed a few little badges etc but thats about it. noticed your fopg lights removed but no air feeds or brake ducts etc and still have arch liners in place how come you have taken your fogs off mate?

a thirsty one
cookie-jnr - just checked my camera and i took a pic of your clio and one of the c2 on track, not great pics as i just point and press kind of guy but i'll post them up when load them onto computer soon.

Cooksport Fleet
I removed all of the acoustic valve etc and put a cold air feed in, the cold air feed is not fully connected to the fog light hole but it can be seen if u get down :)

The arch liners will be out soon!

But just when i have some time!!

That would be appriciated mate, i have none of me in that car yet, but it does have the owners name in the rear window (the team manager)

Morris Hayden (Hayden Motorsport)!!

Im at silverstone a week today racing, massive grids and a good race weekend for spectators!

a thirsty one
ahh right, i have dumped my acoutic valve as well but just left the short air feed attached which end just below the headlight, may don something similar one day space is quite tight behind the headlight.

010.jpg

013.jpg

a thirsty one
just gone though the pics and afraid the only one of your c2 is a bit rubbish but here it is anyway mate, i blame it on how fast you were round druids.