ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 1.2 clio 16v

2001 Clio 16V 1.2
Hey. Im looking to do up my clio little by little. Im an amature so nothing to difficult for starters. Anyone any ideas what to do. Ive already put headlight covers on in black but would like a few ideas please. Thanks

1.2 16V
My 1.2 has just been written off, but I did a few things to mine:
Colour the diamonds & side bullets.
K&N air filter (does nothing for your mpg, but gives a nice sound).
Upgrade your head unit and speakers.

Have a look through the 'Non-Sports in Here' thread - that'll give you a few ideas of things you can do, as well as other members project threads!
I'd HIGHLY advise you become a full paid-up memberof the club too, only costs £12/€15 and you'll make it back in no time. Gives you access to trader sections where you'll get a tasty discount as a member, access to vast collections of guides and also: The marketplace where you can buy/sell parts from members!

Do you have a Phase 1 or Phase 2? 2001 puts you right on the cusp i think - i've a 2001 Phase 1 model, if you click the 'Ph1 1.4 16V' under my name - you can see some of the things i did to my non-sport :)

some starters:
as above, colourcoding
nice air filter/induction kit
maybe some lowering springs/coilover kit to eliminate that hectic body-roll

1.2s are good on fuel and if just looked after with a bit of care and respect - should last you a good while! My sister's boyfriend just sold his Phase 2 1.2L for something crazy like 1.5k with over 180k on the clock, always started and ran first time!

Lastly: Welcome to the club! :)

2001 Clio 16V 1.2
Thanks you lot. Ill take what you said into consideration. I will eventually lower it a little. Respray the grill. Colourcode the accesories inside the car. After putting black covers on the headlights ive found out that there illegal.... Great haha but heyy.. Ill get stuff done. Seen a few people say about the air filter so might give that a go. Thanks again

2001 Clio 16V 1.2
I dont have one of them cyliner air filters like you have on yours. I got one of them box ones. Any difference and are they easy to convert?