ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly part ex prices

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
I know you can pick up PH1's pretty cheap now but I've been looking to chop mine in and been to bout 6 garages all offering between £500-£900 for my lil PH1. Just seems to little money.
I know they work on profit but that cheap...really?

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Some cosmetics issues but other then that it's alright. Never gone wrong. Oh and it does rattle but thats what i get for having a french car.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
market isnt in your favour chief. a dealer will be looking for a decent turn on it and also needs to factor in the lack of interes that punters will have in 2.0 clios generally. sad but true.

id say go for a private sale, obvious, but will get you more cash. Dependant on condition and mileage id expect to get from £1,250 to £2,250

Westy. MX5
A Ph1 must be at least 10yrs. old now, some years ago a all 10yr. old cars would be on the scrapheap. So getting a few hundred for a car of that age is good.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
you will always get more money selling privately. A dealer will give a low price to maximise their profit. How much is it worth to you to get rid of your car fast basically..

Clio 172 cup
Sell privately then you will be able to be as cheeky as you want at the dealers to barter down the price of the car you want

If you part ex you have no bartering power what so ever. Fact

Ph1
A Ph1 must be at least 10yrs. old now, some years ago a all 10yr. old cars would be on the scrapheap. So getting a few hundred for a car of that age is good.

Renault had a 12 year anti corrosion and perforation warranty with these so even the oldest ones have another couple of years to go.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Another, arg the dealer is giving me less than market value for my car thread.

They are not a charity.

Westy. MX5
You are always at the mercy of a car dealer if you p/x, you WILL always get less than selling privately. So be be patient, sell privately then you are in the bargaining seat when you find your next car. Kids these days, they are always impatient, "I want it now".

Stagecoach Ticket
p/x is pointless unless;

Your car is fucked and need rid of it quick quick
you have an important job and need to change cars on the day
dealer is giving you above market value due to you buying a very expensive new car and the margin is still there