ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

side skirts

vw bora
i have recently sold my side skirts and cant seem to get them off just wandering if any1 could tell me how to get them off in one piece there off a 172 ph1 and its the bottom clips that are the b**ch lol

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
They're not clips, they're pop-rivets. You'll need a drill with a drill bit about the same size (but not smaller) as the hole in the centre and drill right through them. There's about 4 or 5 along the bottom of your sill. Then there's a small screw at the end of the skirt inside the rear wheel arch which is easy to remove and spot. If these are the original Sport skirts, and have never been removed, then there's going to also be about 6 black rectangles which hold the skirt up in place pop-riveted along your rear quarter and along your sill. Your 172 is going to look hellishly stupid with those still on and no skirts. If you want rid of them, the holes on the bodywork will have to be filled and painted.

Enjoy.

vw bora
cheers mate, im just breaking the clio and the gent above you has brought them but i couldnt get them off lol

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Ah, well that's not too bad. Once those bottom rivets are drilled out, and that screw in the rear arch removed, it'll lift up and come off no bother. just remember to use a decent sized drill-bit.

Ultra Red Clio 197
woo hoooo! sounds simple enough! thanks for your help mate! looking forward to getting them now!