ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side impact damage

White APE
Hi guys,

Now i know this isnt for a clio but the mechanics should be the same.

I had a little moment yesterday on the icy roads....

The speed before i applied the brakes was 30, then it began to slow but then also go sideways, speed at impact is showing as 15.

The car has driven fine since, drives straight, no knocks or noises, except for tonight. Now that the roads have cleared, coming home tonight when putting a bit of load on the left side of the car on a tight turn or roundabout, for a split second there is a metallic noise which i think is coming from the rear but not 100% as it is so short.

I wont be able to jack the car up or get the wheels off for a couple of days to have a look.

Any suggestion as to what might be causing the noise when under load?

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Should have applied the handbrake and powered through like a hero.

Can you see any damage?

PH2 172
Your lucky it was not an Astra :smile:
ASTRA 2016-08-22 11.00.09.jpg

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
You're probably just paranoid tbh, I'd try and forget about it until you can actually feel something or if you can get underneath and have a look. I'm literally the worst person for being paranoid over stuff being broke my mate just tells me to shut up and tbf he's right.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That looks like like you give the front wheel a nice whack.

I done the same years ago, only into a kerb, and it needed new wheel bearing not long after.

It looks like you hit mud so you might have got away with it.

White APE
Sorry yeah it was the wheels that took the brunt. Front wheel was the one that was filled with mud, rear had a little.
Rear wheel bearings were only replaced a few k ago so hopefully not that.

I know what you mean about being paranoid!

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Going off the damage on your alloy it looks like the tyre took a lot of the shunt, check your wheel bolts are tight as it could of stretched the bolts to come loose. I hit a pot hole a couple weeks back which blew my tyre and I was constantly listening out for any other damage but I just forgot about it over time and its been spot on.