ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side bullets dilema, Urgent!!

In between cars....
Got loads of stuff if your wanting to CC anything Ben!

And cheers whatis, looks just about spot on, exctly the height im after, canny wait to get sorted!

In between cars....
Gonna leave them off a few days for the paint and lacquer to really harden up mte, will be cool to slap it all on in one go as well if i can do it ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
How did you do it Chris? i'm just thinking about doing mine after you mentioned it....

did u spray the base colour on, then paint the lettering by hand and then just laquer over the top?

only thing that worries me is where i'm gunna do them mainly monaco i may get a s**t colour match.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Got loads of stuff if your wanting to CC anything Ben!

And cheers whatis, looks just about spot on, exctly the height im after, canny wait to get sorted!

How hard do you think it would be for door handels and front bumper (really want that done!)

Cant wait to see it, especially once you have the springs on :race:

In between cars....
Awrite Si mate

I got a colour match kit from renault, was 7 quid i think, get a wee pot of colour matched paint and a wee pot of lacquer, you got a renault stealers on your big island :p if not pm me, will sort some out for ya and post over

I just rubbed them down with 180 and 240 grit then gave them a final go over with 1000 and 1200 grit wet

Dried them off with mums hair dryer then wcked on a few coats of plastic primer, think i fired on 8 to 12 thin coats, didnt actually count

Then let that dry for a couple hours nd fire on a few coats of the anthracite

Let them dry over night in the house, this morning i got thecolour matched paint and used a really fine brush to run it on, 4 coats i think

Then i improvised as it was quite cold here today, stuck a fan heater in the shed and got it nice and warm in there laid out the bits and fired on about a dozn coats of lacquer

Its impotant the lacquer itself and place/bits you are applying to are kinda warish, well not too old, if its too cold the lacquer will bloom, goes all hazy and its stuffed

Really really easy mate, seeing stuff youve done in the past im sure youll manage no bother, theres plenty help on here if you need it, i just had aread round and had a go, took my time :)

The handles would prob be easy enough Ben, i dont think tackling a front bumper with ratle cans would be too good an idea lol

Si

RS Clio 172
you mean colour matched little pots? do they do matched rattle cans too? as i'll be doing the majority of mine monaco.

cheers for help wee laddy.

In between cars....
I think you can get colour matched rattle tins from Renult aye. If not from renault i know where you can get them

Si

RS Clio 172
shweet. i'll have a look at the weekend. could do with finding the paint code for my speedlines now.... hmmm.

In between cars....
canny help you there mate, i just gave renault my reggy and they told me my paint code for the car, maybe the alloys manufacturer could give you a paint code if theres a serial number stamped on there somewhere?

Si

RS Clio 172
i'll have a look. either that or just find something close. it's only a small bit of lettering after all...