ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**show us Your Engine Bay**

Teg
@smith647 how did you get the battery cover to fit around the Induction kit so well mate?
Just cut it to fit pal.. I removed the ecu bracket from the car and fitted the battery cover to it, flipped it upside down, I then scribed along the ecu bracket where it goes off at an angle onto the battery cover and the cut it to the same shape as the bracket.. Then just filed everything smooth and painted the bare metal satin black. The hose also fouled on the side of the battery cover so I just cut it at roughly the same angle as the hose. Does that make sense?

big boost cup
image.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Loving the engine bays in here. The 1*2 is quite easy to make it look excellent with some paint. Really does make a massive difference

mw897

ClioSport Club Member
  rs2'd Clio 172
@Christ Almighty red but the bottle needs changing for a new one, I had to change the engine as the headgasket started to go and was pressurising the water system, very rare these head gaskets go but I found out after talking to a previous owner that the cam belt had snapped and was sold on for repairs, so who ever done it didn't do it properly. I have stripped the engine right down and found the cams have really bad score marks and the cam cover is also badly scored however the cylinder head is fine so it looks like its had a new head on it

HBT 172 Cup
Where did you get the fuel rail guard blanking plate?

I made it out of a piece of 2mm sheet ally. I actually spent quite a few hours on it and a did a nice job of it (pic doesnt do it justice). However since i've had the engine out its dissapeared into thing f****** air, guess ill have to make another!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I made it out of a piece of 2mm sheet ally. I actually spent quite a few hours on it and a did a nice job of it (pic doesnt do it justice). However since i've had the engine out its dissapeared into thing f****** air, guess ill have to make another!
Can guarantee you'd sell a few of them if you made them up. I would take one off your hands if you had some spare time to make one!