ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should the exhust on my 200 burble and pop when stationary?

GTD, Lupo
Mine does this!

After a drive if i leave it to idle i can hear a puffing noise from inside the car and when you go round the back the exhaust make small popping noises.

My first impression was its a misfire but it drives fine

I have done 10k now and it has done it since the day i got the car. Got its first service next month so will ask then and get someone to check it out but as i said the car drives fine so no worries :D

Gorms

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Mine does this, I've stripped the back out so it sounds even better! Sometimes I turn the music off to listen to it! Nuthing to worry about, spoke to head technician at Renault Stockport and he said it's fine

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It'll pop a lot more when hot. That's what i've always found.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh mine does it when it's hot and I'm caining it, which I never do ;)

ST
No no...not really bothered about changing it unless i was going for big power i'd do the manifold, decat and full system, probs go for a supersprint if i could get a hold of one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know you were still contemplating getting rid mate, no point in mods! :)

clio 182
my 182 does this also. got the guy thats looked after my car form new looking into it. first impression for him was uneven tickover. whatever that means in mechanics language.