ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i sell my clio...for a volvo!

172 +Scenic sport
should i sell my little clio and get a T5 300bhp?? i dunno what 2 do!! im convinced the clio has got to the point where everythings going 2 start goin wrong (75k) had belt done, lowered, new wheels other lil bits. But exhaust banging against subrame, snapped ecu bracket (god knows how thats happened!) also seems 2 sway at high speed now. Whats coming next i dread 2 think. Seriously considering alternatives now fancy a turbo again really, miss the R5 but not getting another. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
What Volvo is it?

Unless you are paying a lot more money than the value of your 172, it will be high mileage and old. You will have more problems with that compared to your 172.

172 +Scenic sport
ive seen a 2003 S60 T5 unsure of exact spec, 300bhp lots of extras so not a base model for under £3500, pretty resonable i would say

Get the Volvo :) 300bhp will be fun as hell. and i bet they remap like a beast. Not to mention the S60 is a lovely car, the interior is amazing i think.

Iceberg 172
I remember having my TT (about 280bhp) and a T5R being completely level with me on a traffic light drag... He was LOL'ing but then a really nice guy, had his 2 kids in the back!!

I love the older ones (estates) proper touring car look! Like the old vectra gsi.

I'm not a fan of the newer ones.

My mate has an old 760 turbo estate for his work, it gets caned all day everyday, has done silly amounts of miles and it's never gone wrong!

Westy. MX5
It's 50% luck and 50% good servicing that keeps a car going well, If you look at the OP's original post he has some really simple fixes to do to make his car right. I think he is bored and just wants something different.

Mk5 golf gti
Yes if your over 60

My grandad always tell's me i should get a volvo as there mile's ahead of everything

Says it all really

LOL

Mk5 golf gti
lol only my opinion, my mate had a silly power volvo at 19 he traded his crx in for it

it was fast an sounded good too i wont lie

but girls laughed at him an wouldnt get in it so he sold it an bought an rx7

t5 is an immense motor but i couldbnt drive around in it lol each to their own though :)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I had the S60 2.0T then went for a T5,quick cars but always want a S60 R but a lot of money still...............

260% JCW
im 25 with a baby on the way! And my dad is north east volvo used car manager lol ;)

It wouldnt matter if my Dad owned Volvo, still wouldnt have one. I understand the baby situation, me and the Mrs have agreed when it get's to that time we'd still have a sporty car. Evo maybe or M3

172 +Scenic sport
Evo's bit 2 pricey 2 run, lots 2 go wrong and expensive if it does! M3 would be nice but dont have the cash for a newer 1 which is what id be wanting. My other option could be impreza but not sure i trust them know a few people whose have blown up and had full rebuilds also it would have 2 be a STI, test drove the WRX and felt tame for what i was expecting tbh

Stagecoach Ticket
If my old man managed volvo and i was after a family wagon i would be straight in the T5 tbh

Evo's are overpriced and expensive to run
M3's are common as muck and expensive to run and maintain

260% JCW
Surely if an Evo's to pricey to run then an Impreza is too, All cars go wrong and cost money, even Volvo's. Its just a matter of looking after them as best you can and luck.

How about the Mondeo ST220, Mazda 6 MPS. Quick cars, sporty looking and for under 10k

260% JCW
If my old man managed volvo and i was after a family wagon i would be straight in the T5 tbh

Evo's are overpriced and expensive to run
M3's are common as muck and expensive to run and maintain

T5's are'nt common? lol

Sorry but to me there's nothing interesting about a Volvo, not even one with a f**king great turbo and loads of bhp.

172 +Scenic sport
yes volvos are bit old man but reliable, safe and T5 is still quick . Think imprezas more common so more parts available and it doesnt have YAW control which is very very expensive and prone 2 breaking apparantly.

Stagecoach Ticket
T5 is a more suitable family car than an Evo by far

Evo's are massivly expensive to maintain properly
oil and minor service every 3k
diff and gear box oil which can only be done at maindealer due to the tools costing mega money thats like every 6k
parts are mad money
95% of second hand evo's have been played with or modfied in some way most on a budget

Impreza's are cheaper to run/buy/and maintain but there are alot more dogs in the market for that reason

T5's are not that common really, due to the size and the "grandad" apperance they often over looked in the mod young lad scene so there should in theory be more out there that have been looked after not played with and carrying full volvo history.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Buy a t5 and a high vis coat and watch everyone around you move out the way when your on the motorway. :)

Stagecoach Ticket
HAHA finally a saab freind!!! as much as i like saabs think i would be leaning towards the volvo or maybe a skoda :(

Listerine & Poledo
Viggen Convertible FTW!

Gotta love a car that knows where you want to go better than you do

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You just can't beat the excitement TBH, every time you put your foot down you don't know if you are going to die.

Rusty Cup
Im guna say yes do it.. but then again i would have given the same response if the thread title was "Should i sell my clio...for reliant robin" as ive just had sex and am in an agreeable mood T5 will be a beast my dad had one as his work car for a while back in the day.

Stagecoach Ticket
yeah lovely cars have no issues with them at all other than cost and part costs

mates got some convertiable thing on a 04 plate nice drive lovely interior just doesnt push my buttons