ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i get a 172 CUP

I have just been to look at a 53 plate cup with 17K on the clock, i want to replace it with my girlfriends 1.2 dynamique & give her my 172! (She is a good driver - i am only slightly worried)

Just a few questions for those who have the knowledge;

Is there a massive difference in real world performance between the cup and 172?

Is £8,995 a fair price to pay?

How do you get on without ABS?

Do they do any cups with Aircon?

I cant get a 182 as i am about to aquire my new seadoo jetski and need a towbar (It will be a removeable one - i dont want to spoil its good looking behind)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

u can get cups with aircon but they are rare.

The cup feels a bit faster imo.

Lack of abs has never been a problem for me as ive only ever got my cup out of shape once.

9k sounds fair but u might be able to get cheeper

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I was having the same decision as u last summer..... I got one, and despite three months of problems, i fooking love it!!!!!! Never known a car to be such much fun and put such a huge smile on my face

As for ABS i have had the odd lock up now and then but thats only because a) the brakes where cold, or b) it was slitly damp and was pushing hard

Cups go for silly money now, your prob looking at a 20k mile for about £8000 max

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Wicked little car.. and very quick accross country.. ABS not a problem imho..

If you want a/c,, open the window.. id rather have the weight saving..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

love mine too! put some gaz coil overs on last week, its awsomme!!

looks stunning, makes you grin. as long as you dont think youre invincible youll be fine without all the toys.

when i had a look on the trader they seem to go for much cheapness, although youll pay nearly 10k from a dealer.

get one