ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I buy it take2!

200 RS 2010
Enjoy your car. The 200's are great fun, but as said by many, don't expect top dollar or a quick sale amongst the purists as it's a spec you wanted and not popular with the masses.
Yeah no I totally get that mate, the cars specifically just for me. Whatever it's worth when I want a change I don't really care about and I care less about what other people think about it.
I just hope I get lucky and I've bought a goodun reliability wise. I'll be looking after it though and have a parts fund already reserved for it. It's a late 40th birthday present to myself, Ive never had a proper quick car before so I'm going to enjoy it

200 RS 2010
Enjoy your car. The 200's are great fun, but as said by many, don't expect top dollar or a quick sale amongst the purists as it's a spec you wanted and not popular with the masses.
Yeah no I totally get that mate, the cars specifically just for me. Whatever it's worth when I want a change I don't really care about and I care less about what other people think about it.
I just hope I get lucky and I've bought a goodun reliability wise. I'll be looking after it though and have a parts fund already reserved for it. It's a late 40th birthday present to myself, Ive never had a proper quick car before so I'm going to enjoy it

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
I use mine as a daily too so opted for the standard chassis and standard seats as well. Find it a great compromise for performance ( will still out handle most cars on the road ) and comfort. The Recaros are obviously a class product but wear much quicker than the standard seats when used everyday. My only gripe is I wish the steering rack was a bit quicker. Keep it well serviced with good tyres ( preferably Michelin PS4's ) and brakes and enjoy.

200 RS 2010
I've heard you can replace the steering rack with the cup spec one can't you? Yeah all the calipers are still Brembo but I've spotted some pagid pads on the front which will need to go for the Brembo ones.
Currently there are Goodyear F1 asaymetric 3 all round which look almost new so I'll wear those out before it gets a set of Michelins on there. 1st step however is confirming that cam belt change is genuine. My dad's house is 5 minutes from the garage so it'll be straight round the back to get the cover off and have a look see.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I can see how that pans out lol.

If you know the name of the garage just ring them with the reg? That’s assuming they have a data base reg related etc.

200 RS 2010
I can see how that pans out lol.

If you know the name of the garage just ring them with the reg? That’s assuming they have a data base reg related etc.
No i don't, otherwise I'd of done it already. In hindsight I should of taken photos of all the history and garage stamps.. either way we'll find out Friday. There a 3 month warranty on the car aswell so hopefully I'll be alright. Either way I got a parts fund sat there for the car if I need to

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Doesn’t make sense. Ring the garage your buying the car from and ask them for the details of the garage who did the belts. Make a story up as to why you want to check, if needs be.

The garage will have zero issues giving you their details. If they do there must be a reason.

200 RS 2010
Doesn’t make sense. Ring the garage your buying the car from and ask them for the details of the garage who did the belts. Make a story up as to why you want to check, if needs be.

The garage will have zero issues giving you their details. If they do there must be a reason.
I'll take a rough guess they're closed at the minute but yeah probably a good idea to do it tomorrow

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
You definitely need 100% proof of new belts, you want to enjoy the car with the peace of mind knowing they're done. Fingers crossed mate.
You can get a cup rack fitted but at quite some expense I suspect!

200 RS 2010
uh oh... cash is in my bank account early......... :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

200 RS 2010
rang garage, i can pick it up at 2pm today, got the number of the people from the service history, they put a timing belt kit on it december 14th 2015, and also the garage will give me cash off towards the tyre, so all in all looking like 100% f*kin win... right im off to get it, c u l8r guys

200 RS 2010
Holy f#ck it's beautiful:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

200 RS 2010
Thats all I managed today.. I'm in love :hearteyes:
_20171031_184428.JPG

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Looks smart. Sometimes wish I'd went for Silver, Black is a b**ch to keep clean! Will run better on premium fuel, v-power is my tipple. Helps with kangarooing and cold starting. How do you find the brakes? One if the most impressive points of the car for me.

200 RS 2010
Looks smart. Sometimes wish I'd went for Silver, Black is a b**ch to keep clean! Will run better on premium fuel, v-power is my tipple. Helps with kangarooing and cold starting. How do you find the brakes? One if the most impressive points of the car for me.
I filled it up at a Sainsbury's with their super unleaded (£55), did all the tyres to 34psi and whilst at my dads hoovered out the ktec air filter and washed the alloys and filled up the screen wash. Thats it so far. Then i drove it home 40 miles down the M4 and got 35mpg lol being sensible of course with a fair bit of traffic.
Once or twice i had a slight issue selecting 1st or second, but im not sure its an issue as i litereally mean once, in an hour and a half drive and im still learning the car. The Scorpion cat back exhaust has a resonator in it too apparently, its quite loud (but sounds lovely cruising in 6th) but the pops and bangs on the overun are bloody gorgeous lol smiling like a pilled up teenager all the way home :)

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
35 mpg will probably be as good as it gets, unless you're driving at 40 to 50 all day! Hopefully your gear selection issue was just due to it being cold. I run just below the recommended tyre pressures of 2.3 bar/33.3psi ( front ) and 2.1bar/30.5psi ( rear ), the middle of your tyres could possibly wear quicker if over inflated. Should definitely run less at the back though, gives a bit more stability. I'm jealous of your exhaust, more sound makes it faster!

200 RS 2010
Yeah well im jealous of your guys red brake calipers, that 15bhp extra right? :smile: Yeah ill lower the tyres within a week or so, i just wanted to fill them up and ill see if they go down by themselves much, hopefully no slow punctures.
Thursday its back to my dads to put on all the ebay bits n bobs ive ordered. Im uming and aring about removing the clio badging.. undecided
But yeah by christ does it shift when you get it right lol one roundabout specifically i was waiting at then shot through had me laughing like a Gibbon for about 3 minutes straight lol Damn im loving it, cant wait for the sun to come up tomorrow :tongueclosed:

200 RS 2010
35 mpg will probably be as good as it gets, unless you're driving at 40 to 50 all day! Hopefully your gear selection issue was just due to it being cold. I run just below the recommended tyre pressures of 2.3 bar/33.3psi ( front ) and 2.1bar/30.5psi ( rear ), the middle of your tyres could possibly wear quicker if over inflated. Should definitely run less at the back though, gives a bit more stability. I'm jealous of your exhaust, more sound makes it faster!
oh and i got 37.9 mpg down a long hill :tonguewink: but yeah low 20's im guessing will be regular, either way dont give a dam :hearteyes::hearteyes:

200 RS 2010
Miss the note?
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::smile::smile::smile::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:😅😅😅😅😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::tongueout::tongueout::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:.................. no!

200 RS 2010
Give it time
what am i going to miss then? apart from the mpg, the petrol costs, the bluetooth, the sat nav, the soft ride, the road tax, the quiet drive, the sliding rear seat, the spare tyre, the cheap parts, the perfect reliability, the electric folding mirrors, and cheap servicing ?

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
what am i going to miss then? apart from the mpg, the petrol costs, the bluetooth, the sat nav, the soft ride, the road tax, the quiet drive, the sliding rear seat, the spare tyre, the cheap parts, the perfect reliability, the electric folding mirrors, and cheap servicing ?
You forgot street cred!

200 RS 2010
it doesn't look like it, i press those 2 buttons at the same time and nothing happens, the radio says wait, then goes back to what it was doing before.
But hey cant have everything, ive got an odb2 plug in and an app that measures all that for me anyway, ive tested it all today and it works.
I may be getting ahead of myself but i think ive got a goodun, ive done 100 miles in it now and loving the results.
The cam belt was done in April, the tyres are new in may, the ktec air filter and stainless steel scorpion cat back exhaust with resonator done in june this year, it was serviced in April too, and it has a full mot from the day i picked it up, so failing something catastrophic im looking at a years free motoring lol
The exhaust note in-particular i love, cruising at 30-40 in 4th or even 6th sounds just perfect. 5th as a louder sound for some reason but if anything its making me a better driver having all this extra noise and power on tap than im used to. Its safe to say im falling in love with the car,
Today i put on Renault branded dust caps and the obligatory black Renault badge covers and lowered my air pressures to 34/31.
Tomorrow im replacing all the wheel bolts for new black ones, the centre caps for new black ones and putting on 2 x heko wind deflectors, probably removing the clio badge, putting on a smaller stubby aerial and sorting out the rca to usb c adapter lead so i can use my phone through the stereo.
Ive already got a phone mount and im using my phone as android auto for nav when im driving with a new 12v to 2xusb charger port plugged in and a perfect sized lead that will charge my phone as i drive but basically tucks down by my seat and doesn't interfere with the gear change or my legs.