ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I break?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well the ph1 is shagged so currently deciding what to do.

With the engine would it be worth paying someone to take it out and then sell it? Its on 84k and needs a new cam seal cover. What sort of price is it to pull an engine out? and obviously would have to be a mobile mechanic so it can get pulled out on my drive.

How much do they sell for damaged? f**k all I imagine.

It's shagged and I dunno what to do with it now lol.

Sell the car on now as is I imagine and just take a hit for the engine not being right or does it have other problems? A knackered engine won't fetch much money but if it's just the rocker cover that needs resealing then it's not the end of the world

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Smashed front end mate. Not mega bad but not worth getting fixed considering I been wanting another car anyway. Engine is fine runs sweet just has a small oil leak that would need taking care off really if someone was going to fit it.

Bonnet, bumper, slam panel, passenger light, wing, and rad is f**ked and that's all I could tell this morning.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
god sake. so close to it being right after previous owner bodgery :(

Mostly time and waste oil disposal to remove the engine. £100 odd as a ballpark

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I am gutted to say the least mate. But at least it wont cost me a fortune any more lol.

Cheers what would the engine be worth roughly? about £300?

Anyone fancy a crashed 172? lol

Oh typical I put a big hole in the new rad too eh dan lol :(.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay cheers Tony. Doubt I'll keep it to repair but I'll drop you a pm if I do.

I guess about £200 would sell it easy then.

For anyone interested in the whole car unless I can get £500 I doubt I'll sell it as it is as I know I'll manage to pull £500 worth of bits of quite easily and then scrap the rest.

BlackGold- its pretty much standard bar some Bilstein b14s which I bought In april last year and I have done a few repairs so there's a few newish parts like the wishbones and a new passenger side driveshaft.

Replied to your Pm Budgie.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I cant mate I'm at work till 6 I'll take a pic when I get home and load it up.

And yeah I know Wick only thing is I f**king hate breaking I done it once with a vtr and swore I wouldn't do it again lol.

PM me a couple of pics of the damage?

Oh you devil Robert.

I nearly said the same :evil: but assumed transport would be a bugger.

I cant mate I'm at work till 6 I'll take a pic when I get home and load it up.

And yeah I know Wick only thing is I f**king hate breaking I done it once with a vtr and swore I wouldn't do it again lol.

Fair enough mate.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As long as I could convince a certain Dave/Ant with a trailer I'll be sweet.

I want a classic mini but this could be far more affordable to build over the winter/spring.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Buy a ph2, put some of your bits on then happy days, or fix it up, I've got a rad and fan here if you need it, I've also got a slam panel etc but not sure if the ph2 slam panel will be the same as the ph1

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get the bonnet up and get as many shots as possible so there could be more issues yet.

I only looked at it drove it home and got a lift into work lol.

Lol Clart I'll come and look at it ;).

Yep BlackGold was thinking of getting a 182 and keeping a few bits but if it means £500 in my pocket and the car gone within a week or 2 I'll let it go.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah no worries mate I'll post pics up in here as I'v had a few pm's of people interested now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
e9e7epa4.jpg

View attachment 90938
3ahyva3y.jpg

yse3aseq.jpg

ury8u2av.jpg

eda4u3ej.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Jesus christ Adam! Thats a bit of a shitter! What did you hit?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Went into the back of another car mate stupid accident really was going onto a slip road but as I was looking right to check for traffic the car in front stopped dead rather than actually using the slip road so I just ran into the back of them. It's happened before and I have had to hit the breaks but I guess being 5:45 in the morning my concentration wasn't all there :(.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Nightmare! how bads the other car? Sure you will get something sotred soon enough! Didn't you want an RB anyway? ;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep should be going to look at Clarts RB all being well, the other car doesn't look bad just a bumper maybe but shall have to wait and see.

182cup & 172 racecar
Lad at work did exactly the same yesterday, reading your post was like listening to him tell me about his mishap. Wrote his old Megane off, airbags went off , the lot.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol crazy, made me jump I just wasn't expecting it. Hurt my neck too because I was still looking right a bit as I hit them, thank f**k the airbags didn't go off tbh lol.

Lol crazy, made me jump I just wasn't expecting it. Hurt my neck too because I was still looking right a bit as I hit them, thank f**k the airbags didn't go off tbh lol.

Airbags deploying whilst your head is turned is horrible. I still suffer badly over two years on.

330i. E30 Touring.
Saveable, but will need a bit of pulling/mucking about to get everything aligned again.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I dont know how because the other car wasn't bad at all think the full force just went on that area.

Was only doing 20-30mph and I didnt touch breaks.

Cheers budgie probably best broken anyway tbf but still some profit in there at £500.

172 cup
Hmm a little tempted but considering the crash has whipped out at least £300 worth of parts £500 is just a little high IMO. Drop me a pm if you decide to drop the price

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate definitely will be breaking it if I cant get £500.

I understand its a high price due to the fact you can buy a runner for that but with the parts etc i'd be loosing too much money so would prefer to break and even keep a few parts for myself.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Unlucky mate. Similar damage to my old Trophy tbh. Hope you get what you want for it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate yeah I remember your trophy thread.

Got quite a bit of interest so far and it's not really been up long so hopefully it'll sell okay.