ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i be worried ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
some of you guys may have seen that i fitted a large Ramair induction kit to the clio but when doing this there was light trails of oil in the samco hose bend which goes onto the throttle body and the air box.

is this a problem and what causes it ??

Audi A5
Sound like oil getting up though the breather pipe, happens quite a lot on the clios, clean it all up and check back on it in a couple day.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its not a large amount by all means but its not often i dive into an engine so i noticed it right away.

What will happen if in 2/3 weeks time there is a small trace of it again ?

As said what does it mean and is it bad ?

clio 172
This sounds like what I've got happening at the moment but mine has alot of oil entering the air box. How is this coming through the breathing system? Any ideas

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
that's how the breather system works. Excess breather gases are re-directed into the inlet tract rather than into the atmosphere. 2 primary reasons being to reduce the engine smell in the cabin, and to burn the vapours which is more environmentally friendly. The downside of a system like this is by pumping oil vapours into the intake, you reduce the octane of the fuel that's injected. On a tuned engine, a catch tank is the best optiom

clio 172
Yeah ok I understand that but I'm talking ALOT of oil lol it turned my v6 air filter into an oil filter. It all collected in my air box again after 1 journey after cleaning it all out. It's not just residue it's like it's sucking it straight out of the sump cause eventually it tells me on the dash to check my oil level. Any one had it this bad?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yeah ok I understand that but I'm talking ALOT of oil lol it turned my v6 air filter into an oil filter. It all collected in my air box again after 1 journey after cleaning it all out. It's not just residue it's like it's sucking it straight out of the sump cause eventually it tells me on the dash to check my oil level. Any one had it this bad?

have you over filled the engine with oil?

clio 172
No definately not. The oil levels under max line. When the low level warning comes on I fill it up to the line again. I just can't think how that much oil could come out of the breather. Is it possible that a vaccume is being pulled through the system there for sucking up oil?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
How much is coming out? I'd be inclined to get a proper catch tank with gauze in it and see how much it fills up by over a short period of time