ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shot Blasting and Priming

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Hi,

Hope this is the right section although it's not Clio related. I have some old motorbike parts (mudguards, wheel rims and a couple of panels) from an old motorbike that I would like to get resprayed. They are currently a bit rusty in places and I think the best course of action would be to get them shot blasted and primed and then I can do the spraying myself.
My Grandad used to get his bike parts put in acid baths where he worked (this was years and years ago)! Not sure if this is a modern way of doing things or not?

Firstly, how much would I be looking at paying? They are only small parts/panels so I imagine it's a bit different to doing a car panel!

Secondly, is there anywhere in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area that is any good? I have heard about places where you can send parts but how reliable are these?

Thanks in advance :)