ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shopping list required

White APE
So I have just picked up my new car, Moondust silver mk7 fiesta ZS.

I want to get it properly cleaned up and ready for the winter but have no idea what products to use. I never really bothered much with my A3.

I have some snow foam, APC, wash mitts, towels etc. Also some megs wheel cleaner which has always worked well. Pretty sure I have some poor boys wheel sealant too.

Can you guys recommend me a list of gear to buy, shampoo, polish and sealants etc

I keep seeing tardis mentioned but have no knowledge of it.
Also want something that will clean and protect the glass.

Any links to the products would be much appreciated.
All ideally without breaking the bank.

Cheers.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Silvers and light colours a lot comes from the prep.

DDJ born to be mild is a solid performing shampoo

Tardis is a tar and organic fallout remover. A tar remover will be essential, as is an iron remover. Look at tar-x and iron-x from carpro

follow this with claying to remove the last of the contaminants.

Now use a good cleansing product like werkstat prime, autofinesse rejuvenate or tough prep etc.

Top with a nice sealant like GTechniq C2, autofinesse Toughcoat or werkstat jett

White APE
Thanks Dave.

Here's my shopping basket

e7y7abug.jpg

Quite easy to run up a bill! All seem correct?

Does the tough coat work on the glass too?

Rinse
Snow foam
Rinse
Shampoo
Rinse
Tar x
Rinse
Iron x
Rinse
Rejuvenate
Tough coat

That sound about right? Drying after final rinse or every rinse before next product?

Cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't use it on he front glass but will be fine on the rest

Process seems fine, once a year I'd still clay after de iron and de tarring

White APE
Oh yeah, I forgot about claying.

What's best to clean and treat the windscreen?

Once this is all done, for future washes will it just be a case of given a rinse and shampoo? How often would the sealants etc need to be topped up? Do the elements just wear them down?

Sorry if these are stupid questions!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Clay the glass, ipa based glass cleaner then angelwax H2GO or GTechniq G5

Whilst the sealant is still protecting, a rinse, normal wash and dry then quick detailer wipe down to finish.

Protection length depends on lots of factors but should manage 3months at least. When water behaviour drops off add another layer as toughcoat is as easy to apply as a quick detailer.

Clio
personally, i would replace tough coat with gtechniq c2v3, this can also be used on glass and plastic trim too!