ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shmee in a Vee

Spotted this on Instagram earlier

View attachment 1594700
7E9586C2-D761-4F68-A7E5-0701F335A904.jpeg

Shewee?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Looking forward to seeing what he does with the V6.
Sounds like it will be more resto OEM+ than bad boy Yaris mods.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I had a chat to him at FOS one year, nothing like the character he plays in the videos. Much more reasonable and even seemed shy!
Which begs the question, why can't he be like that in the vids? This takes me back to the marmite Chris Moyles on 1FM back in the day, the most self centred, egotistical idiot on the airwaves. I read his autobiography and he's a completely different person, completely.

As soon as he's "Hi guys I'm Shmeeeeeeeeee" that's it I'm done. Same as the brand, Shmeeting, Shmuseum, to me it just sounds absolutely retarded.... But again that's just my opinion, coming from a tin pot Clio 😁

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Which begs the question, why can't he be like that in the vids? This takes me back to the marmite Chris Moyles on 1FM back in the day, the most self centred, egotistical idiot on the airwaves. I read his autobiography and he's a completely different person, completely.

As soon as he's "Hi guys I'm Shmeeeeeeeeee" that's it I'm done. Same as the brand, Shmeeting, Shmuseum, to me it just sounds absolutely retarded.... But again that's just my opinion, coming from a tin pot Clio 😁

Success.

The gobshite persona made Moyles famous. Same with Clarkson. Shmee is no different. The hyper-jolly, "hi guys", business is what's made his channel work, so why change it? If you listen to the interview he did with Jonny Smith, he was very clear about it. His videos are very formulaic for a reason - he knows what works and what will earn him the most views. It's a brand, just like any other.

Given where it's taken him, I don't blame him. We're sitting on the internet talking about a total stranger, while he's doing the Gumball in a Mustang GT500. It's fairly clear who the mugs are :LOL:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Success.

The gobshite persona made Moyles famous. Same with Clarkson. Shmee is no different. The hyper-jolly, "hi guys", business is what's made his channel work, so why change it? If you listen to the interview he did with Jonny Smith, he was very clear about it. His videos are very formulaic for a reason - he knows what works and what will earn him the most views. It's a brand, just like any other.

Given where it's taken him, I don't blame him. We're sitting on the internet talking about a total stranger, while he's doing the Gumball in a Mustang GT500. It's fairly clear who the mugs are :LOL:
I'm happy and quite comfortable being a penniless Clio owning geezer 👌😁 people are driven in different ways

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Annoying t**t this guy, typical YouTube annoyance but with cash money, could only stomach half a minute of one of his videos years ago never watched again since.

I hope you enjoyed my story.

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I remember a post on his Pistonheads thread a while back about the persona.

He mentioned that he did the Millie Miglia in an XK120 with the Jag Heritage fleet and loved it. A real dream come true type experience for him. He posted the video and it tanked in views and half the comments were the usual types asking for a vid on the new wrapped R8/Lambo/Generic Hypercar. He then said something about having to buy certain cars and constantly changing his fleet to keep up engagement. Partly the reason for the sale of his GT3 trackslag etc.

I do sort of feel for him in a weird way. Well as much as you can feel sorry for a multi millionaire who swans around the world in fast cars.
He's incredibly successful from what he does, but has to plan his car choices/trip around the content they can create and more specifically, the content that gets views. A victim of his own success.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I remember a post on his Pistonheads thread a while back about the persona.

He mentioned that he did the Millie Miglia in an XK120 with the Jag Heritage fleet and loved it. A real dream come true type experience for him. He posted the video and it tanked in views and half the comments were the usual types asking for a vid on the new wrapped R8/Lambo/Generic Hypercar. He then said something about having to buy certain cars and constantly changing his fleet to keep up engagement. Partly the reason for the sale of his GT3 trackslag etc.

I do sort of feel for him in a weird way. Well as much as you can feel sorry for a multi millionaire who swans around the world in fast cars.
He's incredibly successful from what he does, but has to plan his car choices/trip around the content they can create and more specifically, the content that gets views. A victim of his own success.

Hadn’t really thought about it that way, very good points made - do i f**k feel sorry for him right enough lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
“Welcome to the Schmuseum”

That was plenty.
I might try with vine down and subtitles later. I'll probably still hear his annoying spazmatism in my head though.

If I was repainting a clio v6 I'd go for one of the Apline colours or that v6 purple that never made it over here.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'd love to be able to watch him but I just can't, I usually get about 30 seconds in and have to turn it off.

I'd did enjoy the interview he did with Jonny Smith where he was a bit more normal.

His content looks good, but I find him just too annoying (similar to Sam from seen through glass).

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Moonlight Blue would have been my choice.

Epic colour and very rare for the v6.

My brother had a Megane 225 which came in that colour. Crazy how it looked black, purple, blue in different light.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As much as I love Acid Yellow and would love to know a V6 in that colour there is a couple of other rare options he could have went for.

If he wanted exclusive he should have went with Deep Bronze / Inferno / Moonlight

Clio V6 02.png

Clio V6 Phase II
Hi all, thanks for the lovely welcome 😅

My first car as a 17 year old was a 2005 Clio 1.2, and part of that was definitely influenced by the wow factor of cars like the Clio V6. In recent years I've regularly considered buying one, test drove one a couple of years ago but never pulled the trigger given the increasing price tags.

However, it was too good an opportunity to miss when Tom (my Garage Manager) came across the car we've now purchased at a great price although with a lot of work to be done. I was actually the other side of the Atlantic at the time, and didn't even see it for about a month after my team had picked it up. The plan is to bring it fully back to former glory but there's a lot of work to be done - for example the entire body has marks and damage all over, hence the need to paint it regardless. It is effectively a project that Tom is managing, and he's putting together something brilliant in my eyes.

What benefit is there to being this negative, this kind of car culture is toxic.

Good on him for being successful enough to be in a position to buy these cars.

I think a lot of people don't understand full time YouTube businesses, but I've enjoyed some great conversations with Clio V6 owners from social media already. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you down the line and we can enjoy a shared passion for these fantastic cars.

I know for a fact he shopped around for quotes to get it painted. Wonder if he landed on "free" 😅

Michael, I'm sorry to say that your sources are about as reliable as those used by Donald Trump.

The paintwork was quoted before I'd even bought the car at only one bodyshop, Godlemans, and it was booked with them at that time in late May as paid work. I spoke to Acton Coachworks in London recently in an informal way while they were doing other paid work for me for a ballpark of their prices, but before even doing an accurate quote it was too high for what I wanted with the car and its value, so I stuck with the original booking.

If another bodyshop has told you that they've sent me a quote for this job, I'd avoid them like the plaque because they clearly have no issues lying to you. I've previously repainted 2 other cars, spending the best part of £50k on them, and have absolutely no problems paying to get the right work - there are enough examples of shoddy freebie-jobs out there.

Shmuseum?

f**king Shmong.

Oh trust me, I know it's overkill more than anyone else! However, this is marketing, and it's actually worked out quite well for the business over the years to date so like it or loathe it, we're going to keep doing it.

As much as I love Acid Yellow and would love to know a V6 in that colour there is a couple of other rare options he could have went for.

If he wanted exclusive he should have went with Deep Bronze / Inferno / Moonlight

View attachment 1602772

Cars and colours are an immensely personal choice, it's always interesting when wrapping or respraying a car and seeing the opinions of others but half the fun is that we all like different things, as otherwise we'd all be driving black Priuses - and how fun would that be?!

Knowing my V6 needs the entire bodywork rectified and painted, and therefore technically being able to go with any colour out there, I did spend a bit of time considering other options like Inferno and Liquid Yellow. I dismissed the former as generally speaking I'm not really an orange car fan, and the latter because I try to avoid launch or halo colours to be a bit different. There would also have been the option to chose anything from the palette of any manufacturer, or even make a paint but I decided on Acid Yellow as it's quite a 'famous' Clio V6 choice, while not being very common, and being a unique colour in my car collection.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi all, thanks for the lovely welcome 😅

My first car as a 17 year old was a 2005 Clio 1.2, and part of that was definitely influenced by the wow factor of cars like the Clio V6. In recent years I've regularly considered buying one, test drove one a couple of years ago but never pulled the trigger given the increasing price tags.

However, it was too good an opportunity to miss when Tom (my Garage Manager) came across the car we've now purchased at a great price although with a lot of work to be done. I was actually the other side of the Atlantic at the time, and didn't even see it for about a month after my team had picked it up. The plan is to bring it fully back to former glory but there's a lot of work to be done - for example the entire body has marks and damage all over, hence the need to paint it regardless. It is effectively a project that Tom is managing, and he's putting together something brilliant in my eyes.

I think a lot of people don't understand full time YouTube businesses, but I've enjoyed some great conversations with Clio V6 owners from social media already. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you down the line and we can enjoy a shared passion for these fantastic cars.

Michael, I'm sorry to say that your sources are about as reliable as those used by Donald Trump.

The paintwork was quoted before I'd even bought the car at only one bodyshop, Godlemans, and it was booked with them at that time in late May as paid work. I spoke to Acton Coachworks in London recently in an informal way while they were doing other paid work for me for a ballpark of their prices, but before even doing an accurate quote it was too high for what I wanted with the car and its value, so I stuck with the original booking.

If another bodyshop has told you that they've sent me a quote for this job, I'd avoid them like the plaque because they clearly have no issues lying to you. I've previously repainted 2 other cars, spending the best part of £50k on them, and have absolutely no problems paying to get the right work - there are enough examples of shoddy freebie-jobs out there.

Oh trust me, I know it's overkill more than anyone else! However, this is marketing, and it's actually worked out quite well for the business over the years to date so like it or loathe it, we're going to keep doing it.

Cars and colours are an immensely personal choice, it's always interesting when wrapping or respraying a car and seeing the opinions of others but half the fun is that we all like different things, as otherwise we'd all be driving black Priuses - and how fun would that be?!

Knowing my V6 needs the entire bodywork rectified and painted, and therefore technically being able to go with any colour out there, I did spend a bit of time considering other options like Inferno and Liquid Yellow. I dismissed the former as generally speaking I'm not really an orange car fan, and the latter because I try to avoid launch or halo colours to be a bit different. There would also have been the option to chose anything from the palette of any manufacturer, or even make a paint but I decided on Acid Yellow as it's quite a 'famous' Clio V6 choice, while not being very common, and being a unique colour in my car collection.

Welcome to CS

When they paint the car keep the side pods the standard Ti Silver !!
Looks much better ( than the one that has colour coded )

I owned Acid yellow FX05 NZO.

CDCB48A2-1ED9-437E-98CD-9F88413B85D5.jpeg

French car show 2005.