ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shining up the window seals...

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hi all,

Do you have any recommendations on how to keep the window rubber seals (i.e. the bit on the exterior around the window) looking nice and shiny and new? When they are wet they look awesome, but as soon as they dry they go all dull again!

I have tried back-to-black, Simonz etc, but doesn't seem to work very well.
Anyone got any magic recipes on how to sharpen these up?

Thanks! ;)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
make sure they are nice and clean with apc and a brush. then apply ag bumper care.

Skoda Fabia vRS
gummi pflege is for the internal door aperature seal, not exterior seals

ive tried 303 on mine and its crap, its excellent on my engine bay plastics but not on window scraper seals

gonna give AG BC a revisit soon i think, been using other things for quite a while and i dont know why i ever changed from it, its an excellent product

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Thanks for the replies people....

Tried AG vinyl rubber care, not so good, find its better for interiors.
Have tried AG Bumber care, but i'd imagine thats similar to Simonz back to black bumber care is it not?....

Megane 225
Thanks for the replies people....

Tried AG vinyl rubber care, not so good, find its better for interiors.
Have tried AG Bumber care, but i'd imagine thats similar to Simonz back to black bumber care is it not?....

Back to black is an aerosol, AG bumper car is a gel!-Works well when buffed off after!

106 GTi
Even when new they are not what I would really call shiny, main problem is finding a product that does not streak or run on them (lots listed in this thread will!) - personally I just use Zymol Titanium wax on mine at the same time as I wax the glass - which leaves a nice low gloss natural sheen and protection.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I use AG Bumper Care. It needs reapplying every now and again, but it works well.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
AG bumper car for me. Used a load last w/e on my car. All the bumpers and window seals are looking like new :)

Will give that a go then!...
No doubt Rich's solution is epic, but AG Bumper care might be a little cheapear during these times of crunching credit...

Megane 225
Even when new they are not what I would really call shiny, main problem is finding a product that does not streak or run on them (lots listed in this thread will!) - personally I just use Zymol Titanium wax on mine at the same time as I wax the glass - which leaves a nice low gloss natural sheen and protection.

Wax the Glass? Can you do that? Windscreen and all?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wax the Glass? Can you do that? Windscreen and all?
Ha I used 476 on all my windows once! You should see the fricking water run off them! epic! No squeeks or streaking either.

106 GTi
I used to do all the glass including the screen, just the sides and rear now, rain x on the front.