ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

She let me down on friday night - The Red Button

Clio 172 sport
Friday night - went to pick up a mate - was on my way to the station to get a train into london

Gave it a bit of beans on an a road and it went dead, no petrol was getting into the engine..

Greenflag arrived after an hour and immediately pressed a red button under the bonnet and started straight away.

It has happened again since then, it seems to be when i accelerate hard upto like 7k+ it cut out. hmmmm

Happened to any one else?

Do you know the reason for this?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
it could be if your engine mounts are shagged that the engine is knocking on the subframe or bulkhead with enough force to effect the cut off switch.

just an idea.

www.renparts.co.uk
button can become faulty, sometimes they break so you cant click them back in, ive got a couple i think 14 pounds posted.

Ph1
Open the bonnet first and you'll see it lol

Big thing just below the ecu

Never had a problem with mine and was running about for over a year with it tie-wrapped up due to me leaning on and breaking the mount. Bought a spare for 10 quid from a breakers

Sure the facelifter versions and 182's dont have these but might be wrong??????

Clio 172 sport
All of my engine mounts are brand new. The engine is holding solid.. I will just have to see if it happens again.

If so, i will get a new engine kill switch... Damn tho, that pissed me off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
On Ph1's they're near the ECU, a huge red button. You won't miss it.

As Josh says, they can become faulty and stick or trigger all the time. Yours sounds like the latter.

Also check your ECU bracket, they can work loose and trigger the cut-off. Give your ECU a wiggle.

Clio 172 sport
Intially i thought it was something to do with me having a remap, i got this done about 3 days before.. but obv not

fiesta 1.25
Ahh ok ,I knew the power was down to something like that
The engine is just something to look at imo

Will painting it red work?