ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shall i shant i??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Been thinking about this for the last week now, sooooo unsure!!
I currently own a 172 2001 mk2 phase1 with 35000 miles on it, it has had a fair bit of money thrown at it, new wheels, induction kit, decat, stainless stealth exhaust, lowered, new stereo (amps etc) and apart from having it gdi'd, is exactly how i wanted it to be when i bought it completely standard 7 months ago.

But the mrs drives it everyday, as i have company wheels, and its got to the extent that she hates driving it now, what with all the noise, speed bumps etc. So now, i'm thinking of getting rid, for something a little more practical, say an impreza, or even a vectra gsi (msd version).thats still fast, but is a comfy ride too!
And then another part of me is saying "get it gdi'd, get some proper coilovers on it to sort the ride out, and go balls out with it"

WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nimbus Clio 197
what would be the point of wasting a load of money on it if its your gf driving it all the time? if you dont drive it, sell it. otherwise its like throwing your money away isnt it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mike_SE said:
what would be the point of wasting a load of money on it if its your gf driving it all the time? if you dont drive it, sell it. otherwise its like throwing your money away isnt it

I bought it for her, but i use it on my days off etc, as my car is a scenic dci130, nice car but i'm 25 ffs!! (and i use the clio for a track days)

Nimbus Clio 197
ah well, if you use it for track days, get it done! not many cars are as much of a hoot as the 172 clios for a trackday eh :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Why don't you get her to buy her own car.

Haribo8 I appreciate your a Clio 172 owner but don't see why you keep slagging off what car people own, when you own one yourself. ClioSport is a club for owners and enthusiasts - typically, people who like Clio's. I think I speak for alot of the members when I say, please stop trying to cause conflict and trouble.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't 'get her to buy her own car' because i earn quadruple what she earns.
And haribo8, yes there are many better cars out there, but i've never owned a car that pisses so many jag/porsche/bmw drivers off, so thats why i love it!

superfastdan said:
I don't 'get her to buy her own car' because i earn quadruple what she earns.
And haribo8, yes there are many better cars out there, but i've never owned a car that pisses so many jag/porsche/bmw drivers off, so thats why i love it!

Is true. I raced this 7 series v12 bmw off the lights the other day in Wolverhampton around the ring road. Thing was probably automatic and he was struggling to shake me off. His car was so much more powerful though he would have made mince meat out of me on a straight.

Clio 172 Phase 2
CupCake said:
Why don't you get her to buy her own car.

Haribo8 I appreciate your a Clio 172 owner but don't see why you keep slagging off what car people own, when you own one yourself. ClioSport is a club for owners and enthusiasts - typically, people who like Clio's. I think I speak for alot of the members when I say, please stop trying to cause conflict and trouble.

whats your problem? I'm just expressing that there are other cars that are just as good if not nicer than the clio and the topic of this thread was shall i shant i?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
haribo8 said:
whats your problem? I'm just expressing that there are other cars that are just as good if not nicer than the clio and the topic of this thread was shall i shant i?

I don't have a problem. I'm just asking you why bother posting on a Clio forum for enthusiastic owners if all you can do is foul mouth it. Funny that its not the first time I've seen you slagging them off - yet you own one. Why don't you sell it if its sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Maybe then you can get a new car.

I hear that bburago have some cracking deals going at the moment. Perhaps you can px against a Ferrari Enzo or something.

BMW E46 330i Touring
And another thread decents into handbags....

If you're not driving it much, then getting it GDI'd is a pretty hefty whack to pay out for a few track days. Alternatively, if money isn't really an issue then go for it. If your missus just doesn't like driving it then maybe sort her out with a little runaround and keep the Clio just for weekend/track, hence also keeping a decent mileage.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
haribo8 said:
you got issues, is it time of the month or something?
Yes i do own a 172, yes i do think there are other car out there that are better than it...is that such a crime making this statement? you need to get a life!!

*yawn* stop spoiling everyones threads with your persistant drivel.

Back to the topic in hand I think you should get your Mrs to buy her own car and keep the 172. £ per :) there really isn't much in it as long as you can afford to run them both. :)

Obviously a quick trip to GDI or AngelWorks would liven things up a little. Hehe.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Get it GDI'd and get the Mrs a little comfy runaround then everyone is happy.
Im looking foward to tuning my 172 but have to wait until my other "Project" car is finished!