ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Packs...

Audi S1
Don't know if anyone one on here would know but I know there are a few people who are quite good at this stuff...

Simple question.

Windows XP Professional SP2 is installed on a PC, can you revert back to SP1?

RB FF 182
Add remove programs
Select Show Updates
Find SP2
Remove :)

All the KB articles create an uninstaller somewhere in your C:\ when they install anyhow, so you can google for that :)

Hope that helps

Audi S1
Why would you want to revert back?

Without going into to much detail; I'm working on a project at work it seems machine the customers are using currently are SP1 - the build I have is SP2. SP2 has untold amount of security changes (which i dont want)...

They use software called Oracle ADI - Windows NT software I beilive so SP2 conflicts with this and then basically f**ks it...

Hope that makes sense

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah for sure I had a feeling it would be old software. Always a pain in the ass as SP2 was very stable compared to SP1 from memory.

No idea how to revert back I am afriad :( Have you tried running the program on a SP2 machine? Or perhaps an update for Oracle?

Audi S1
Yeah for sure I had a feeling it would be old software. Always a pain in the ass as SP2 was very stable compared to SP1 from memory.

No idea how to revert back I am afriad :( Have you tried running the program on a SP2 machine? Or perhaps an update for Oracle?

Yup, I tried running the software - no luck, thats the reason I'm testing things to try a find a work around.

Oracle software is just old crap, so there isn't an update for it.

Maybe if I install windows again, like actually format the PC, try reverting back that way. I don't think Microsoft took in to account that people may need to revert back SP's.

Damm you Bill!

RB FF 182
Best Idea would be make another build of XP on your machine either as a VM/VirtualPC/ additional partition and install from an old SP1 disk.

Then you wont compromise the security on your current build.

Even if the machine was installed from Image, it would have been previously built with all of the SP1 stuff... Unless it was installed from a Disc with SP2 already there.

Audi S1
Just spoke to one of our networking guys.

Supposedly where were running new Dell Desktops SP1 doesnt recongise the hardware causing even more conflicts...

Jhezzz this sounds like fun!

Audi S1
Best Idea would be make another build of XP on your machine either as a VM/VirtualPC/ additional partition and install from an old SP1 disk.

Then you wont compromise the security on your current build.

Even if the machine was installed from Image, it would have been previously built with all of the SP1 stuff... Unless it was installed from a Disc with SP2 already there.

Finished this this morning.

I used Virtual PC, XP PRO, SP1.

It all worked :) however my boss doesn't want to you and sort of VM so even though I fully tested it etc... back to spare 1!

Audi S1
The Dell's were using Optiplex 760 were built with a SP2 Disc, however when i try to reload SP1 on to them as a new OP.

It stalls on Installing Devices.... loops through the setup. So the Hardware isnt compatiable with SP1 lol

VM seems to be the only way?