ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service light is on????

Black 03 172
Hello, bought a 172 this afternoon and tonight the service light has come despite only being serviced 3,000 miles/6 months ago.

Can I clear this myself, or is it a garage jobby?

Thanks

clio 172 cup
hi mate i have a 52 reg 172 cup my service light has been on for ages now it isnt nothing to worry about unless u r really that botherd about it a garage that has a code reader will b able to turn it off

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Service light does not mean it needs a service, it means something is broken.

172 cup
Have you checked the connectors under the seats? Mine used to come on/off then eventually lit up all the time, in the end it cleared when I put a new airbag squib on

Black 03 172
Thanks for the replies guys. Mine came on when I was in the pub. Parked up wasn't on, started drive home was on.

Focus
If its just the 'SERV' light on by itself with no other lights check your levels, mine was because it had no oil in it! Soon went off when I topped it up :)

172 cup
First thing that come into my head.

Don't think ive ever named a car tbh except some birds as she also asked, I called it casper as it was white. Thought that was a girls thing naming cars lol

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
when my oil is low in my car my milometer flashes with hyphens > --------- for bout 2 mins and then displays the miles.