ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERIOUSLY tempted after these quote

Partner's Astra SRi
Just got a couple of quotes on some Monaco Blue 172s. REALLLLY want!!!

The first quote is on a 51 reg 172

The second on a 52 reg

Both are fully comp.

SO tempted!!!!

Last edited:
i wouldn't always go by the quote they give you online. i tried to get insured with direct line on a golf 1.9tdi. when i did it online i got a quote of £1300, 3rd party, when i phoned up they wanted just under 4 grand!

wouldnt worry bout not having cruise control i havent got it in mine which means i dont get lazy when im on the motorway :)

i wouldn't always go by the quote they give you online. i tried to get insured with direct line on a golf 1.9tdi. when i did it online i got a quote of £1300, 3rd party, when i phoned up they wanted just under 4 grand!

they need to honour the online quote in that case mate

Partner's Astra SRi
I'm not too bothered about CC. My 1.2 dynamique doesn't have it so it wouldn't be a big deal tbh

wouldnt worry bout not having cruise control i havent got it in mine which means i dont get lazy when im on the motorway :)

moving your finger instead of your foot is classed as lazy? :lolup:

I rarely use the Cruise Control, but if I was buying a 172 I would make sure it had it... you don't pay any more for the cars with it so may as well.

Partner's Astra SRi
what year 172s did they put cruise control in, coz I can't find any.

tut, i was going to go to bed but i can't now, to excited, lol

172 ph2
Mines a 2004 registered and it has cruise control but I can't say I have ever used it :)

Looks like a pretty good quote... i'm paying £450 with 5 years no claims but with all the extra gubbins on top, protected etc.

ValverInBits
well you've got to get one. or something faster ;)

premiums of less than £1k are for geys ;)
I havent managed it for a coupla years now

To get one with cruise control I think you'd ned to get a 2003 onwards one, my dads 172 (nov 2002) doesn't have it.

The quote is quite good, I pay that for mine ;)
Never ever heard of that before, ever.

Partner's Astra SRi
Only been driving one year, been insured since Nov 06 and have one year's no claims bonus.
I was completely shocked by the quotes. Wasn't expecting them to be so low!!

Partner's Astra SRi
To get one with cruise control I think you'd ned to get a 2003 onwards one, my dads 172 (nov 2002) doesn't have it.

The quote is quite good, I pay that for mine ;)
Never ever heard of that before, ever.

Hmmmm, wonder what a quote would be for a vee...... :evil:

EDIT: I'm too scared to look actually incase I decide it's affordable, lol!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
hmmm £745, a guy at work he has 1 years no claims, and has been quoted £1600 on a 172 third party, have u been lyin filling out them forms lol

Partner's Astra SRi
lol, hence LAUREN..... lol

LOVE being a girl!!

But I thought my age would have made the quote more (20....21 in June)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
arrrrr im 1 month older than u, i wanted a 172 but my conviction prevents me:dapprove:

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ i thought that, how many family members u put on the policy??? i got a quote the other day for meself at 19 as first driver wit me mum named driver and came out as £1800 which im considerin :p. But how the hell is urs so cheap?

Sorry was meaning to quote a comment made at the end of the last page! about u tellin lies!

moving your finger instead of your foot is classed as lazy? :lolup:

I rarely use the Cruise Control, but if I was buying a 172 I would make sure it had it... you don't pay any more for the cars with it so may as well.

it is lazy! you push a button that leaves it at 60/70 or whatever then just let the car do the work until you get alittle traffic then you have to break big woop. plus its another thing to go wrong!

2 litre twin turbo estate
i am with direct line and am 28 with full no-claims insurance was £380 decided to put the missus on she's 21 been driving 12 months it went up a massive £112 a year ;)

they need to honour the online quote in that case mate

Yup ring them!

I had a similar problem. DL dont let you choose a '04 registered 172 on their online system. I'd also been offered 0% apr to pay monthly. When I rang the idiot (probably due to sales pressure!!!) told me that he could only quote me over the phone to set it up. He told me that the interest to pay monthly would be 10% and I'd loose the 10% online discount. I was sick of doing quotes at this point and not thinking straight I said OK. It was still the cheapest at the time.

Couple of hours later after thinking about it and finding cheeper I rang to cancel with the main reason being charged interest etc. The person I got this time was really sorry reversed the interest charge so I could have 0% and reduced the overall cost for me to match the Tesco quote I'd got. The second guy said that the first bloke had been wrong and told me to stick in a formal complaint as they have to honor the web quote.

BMW M135i
Damn women! I bet i'll be paying double that in a months time when I renew, am 20 and will have 3yr ncb. Pisstake!

Partner's Astra SRi
Oooooh that's pretty.
All monaco blue's are pretty.
Just have to resist a little bit longer :D