ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious Ph1 172 Track/DRT Build.

172 Race Car
Lol, those H&R's are the slags of Cliosport. Ive lost count how many owners they have had now. Stick the stock springs on and take some spanners to a trackday. Do some laps then swap the springs, the difference is night and day.

Btw its not a Citroen AX linkage, its from a Lotus Elise ;)

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Its been a while since there was an update due to moving house and being busy with other things. Not really moved on a great deal, shell is still sat waiting to be painted, trying to get my mate motivated is a nightmare! Its pretty much buried under a load of crap in the garage atm anyway. Honest theres a ph1 under there somewhere!
126kll.jpg

Been buying a few bits still to keep me interested, notably some Ap Racing brakes, 4 pot callipers that belong on a TVR Tuscan, CP5200's if anyones interested. Need to order some discs and bells and make some brackets up to suit, the plan is as bigger discs as i can get under 15's 300+mm hopefully.
126l2z.jpg

Major purchase has been this though, full supercharger kit of adam182 on here who was selling his 182. Me and a mate went down to his house, stripped all the bits off and rebuilt his 182 with the standard bits, was probably the hottest day of the year so was pleased to get in all done in around 2 hours much to adams suprise. I need to sort a few bits on the kit i'm not happy with, brackets etc. Also need to find out how the boost has been dropped as theres no sign of a restrictor and its still on the standard pulley!
126kli.jpg

Had to remove all my cup alternator setup and brackets that i fitted not long ago while the engine was out. Refitted all the oe ph1 brackets minus the a/c pump and fitted the Rotrex c30-94 in its place. need a pulley for my alt as i broke it when i pulled the engine out of the car, also need a new aux belt and tensioner setup before it goes back in.
126klk.jpg

Thats the motor pretty much built back up now, fitted my matched inlets that i waited an eternity for with new gaskets etc, although i'm still looking for the 4 tb bolts and the bottom lower inlet bolts, god knows where they are!
126klj.jpg

My box is sat here all rebuilt with its gripper lsd in aswell + a billet flywheel and new clutch, just need to drop the motor off the stand and bolt that all up. Hopefully i can get it all prep'd and painted in the next month or so and i can refit the motor and rebuild everything else. After that it'll hopefully be going to matt at TDF to rewire it and map it on one of his EC1's. I promise the next update will be quicker than the last one!
Russ

Last edited: