ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sequential

Ph1 172
I was pondering earlier how possible it would be to create your own paddleshift system. I came to the conclusion that with only limited knowledge and resoures the only way that might be possible would be with a bike box and obviously running a bike engine.
So would this be possible?
Was thinking you could have 2 hydraulic lines running off each paddle, on one side one line would push the gearbox linkage (don't know what bikers call there shifter) up a gear and on the other down a gear. Then each would have a line which operated the clutch (obviously the clutch would have to disconnect earlier into the shift that the gear engage, so this would have to be kept in mind.
If you were to use hydraulic lines as above you would obviously need something on the end of the line turning your 2cm of movement into enough to engage the next gear, so what would you use?
Alternativly would it just be easier to make the shifting electronic with actuators and what not? and leave the clutch to hydraulic But I assume this would use alot of battery power??
Feel free to rip me apart as I'd like to know why and how things wouldn't work, it just seems like it would be quite simple (compared to actually doing the bike conversion that people do to some hot hatches)
Tom

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
me and my boss were thinking bout this for my cup racer (no clucth needed because of interupter) we were thinking of using a starter motor linked up to two paddles/switches on the steering wheel.

Ph1 172
Im sure that systems works incredibly well, but abit more advanced than I was thinking, is that site for H pattern boxes or sequentials?

2005 Nissan Navara
pneaumatic system would be lighter and easier to design.

wouldnt take much, 12v switch (paddles/push buttons) activated solenoids to control a ram.