ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling up...

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, im getting shut of my gear...im just not using it enough and I have two high end IXUS cameras for everyday stuff...so how much do you think this is worth?

Canon 40D (boxed)
Canon 18-55 EFS Lens
Tamron 70-300mm Macro Lens (boxed)
Canon 50mm F1.8 Lens
Canon 200mm F2.8L USM Lens (boxed)
Canon BG-E2N Battery Grip and 2 Batteries (1 official 1 aftermarket)
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flashgun (boxed)
8gb Extreme II memory card
Lowepro Mini Trekker Rucksack (£120 New)
Manfrotto tripod and head (£150 new)
Lowepro Slingshot 200 Bag (£60 new) (for camera with 2 lenses)

Any advice is appreciated. Should I sell individually or ebay it all as a bundle? I may have a buyer for the 200mm...

Cupra
You'll probably get more selling everything separately rather than as one job lot.

The priority should be to get rid of the 40D and Grip ASAP. There have been rumours of a 50D replacement for a while, and as soon as it appears, the 40D price will take another hit. The new model may not make use of the BG-E2 fit too.

Worth trying to sell it over on Talk photography first? Less fees and you'd be selling to people who know what they are after.

Seperatly would probably be best. Talk photography is good, but you need to be a member with 100 posts to sell (if you are not already!). First refusual on 50mm?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Depends on where you sell it, but I got £65 I think it was for the 50mm f/1.8. You could probably get more for it, but people who use Talk Photography know that Kerso will sell them a new one for not a lot more. I got about £40-50 for the kit lens (IS model), but again it's a really hard lens to price, tends to vary a lot depending on where you look.

Can't really help with the rest, sorry. Tempted to have a look at one or two things for myself though lol.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the right price?

Im driving from Brighton to Manchester on Saturday so could meet people along the way if you wanted to make an offer on anything...