ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling/repair advice

RB FF 182
I will likely have to sell my 182 when I move abroad soon. Unfortunately I had a very low speed impact with a wall a few weeks ago in the snow and have damaged the bonnet and front bumper- nothing else damaged, slam panel and behind is all intact thankfully. Both will need replacing but I'm trying to decide if its better to leave them as they are and sell as the car is or replace them and sell it with shiny new bonnet and bumper. Spray shack have quoted me £540 for fully resprayed bumper and bonnet. The car is otherwise in pretty good condition with belts done relatively recently etc so probably looking at the higher end of what a 182 is worth if the work is all done. Just wondered what people thoughts are on which is best to do? Cheers in advance.

Williams 2 & 200
Would be cheaper to find a Bonnet and Bumper in the right colour second hand i would have thought?

RB FF 182
Thought about that but can't find anything in RB at the minute. I don't have to change it immediately as I'm not leaving until May so that is also an option but relies on the right parts coming up.

Sorry to here about your accident Talan, yep thats £540 including VAT, using used parts we have in stock, resprayed to a basically factory new finish. I also have a top slam panel i could spray up aswell (assuming they are the same between 172/182's as this was off a used 172 cup).

If you sell the car as is, you will indeed have to give it away with the prices so low already for undamaged examples. Id suggest as stated above, finding parts in good condition in the colour you need.......or of course using us. As i say we can fit / remove for you aswell. :)

Cheers,
Si @ SS

RB FF 182
Cheers Si. Just trying to weigh up which is best. I think on balance ill probably go with you guys and then maybe see about keeping the car for when I get back from my travels as my brother can look after it for me or i can sell it as a tidy example. Just need to sort the cash out! Ill not have a day off until 11th march now so it would be then that I'd need it for but think I could manage fitting it myself. Helps that I'm only down the road from you. Ill email to confirm definitely I the next few days if that's ok.
Cheers. Tal
Sorry to here about your accident Talan, yep thats £540 including VAT, using used parts we have in stock, resprayed to a basically factory new finish. I also have a top slam panel i could spray up aswell (assuming they are the same between 172/182's as this was off a used 172 cup).

If you sell the car as is, you will indeed have to give it away with the prices so low already for undamaged examples. Id suggest as stated above, finding parts in good condition in the colour you need.......or of course using us. As i say we can fit / remove for you aswell. :)

Cheers,
Si @ SS

RB FF 182
Hi Tal, not a problem. Let me know if you need the slam panel etc, and work something out. :)

Just to check, is the racing blue paint mix you have for the 182 or the 197/200? As the later one is slightly darker from what I understand? Seen that you have a wing from a 197 on your portfolio gallery. Cheers. Tal

Hi Talan, we can have mixed any shade, we have used the standard RB shade we have on both 197's and 182's with excellent results, but if there are any shade variations ill let you know prior to painting, i dont think theres any shades listed on the IXELL system tho :).