ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized Caliper

Clio 182
Hi all,

I've been hearing a whining noise the last few days which I thought was a wheel bearing so jacked the car up yesterday and spun the wheels. When I got to the drivers side front the wheel wouldn't spin freely! I took the wheel off and noticed that the back of the disc had a massive ridge and the front was fine.

Does this sound like a seized caliper?

If it is, where is the best place to get a new caliper? I'll also need new discs and pads so where is the best place to get brembo hc's from? And what pads to go for? I don't track the car so don't need DS2500's but just something thats better than the OEM pads.

Cheers!

Clio 182
Right, seems like it was just the slider that was stuck. I've greased it up etc and it seems fine now.

I'll speak to g172 about the discs and I need to decide which pads to get. Any recommendations?

Right, seems like it was just the slider that was stuck. I've greased it up etc and it seems fine now.

I'll speak to g172 about the discs and I need to decide which pads to get. Any recommendations?

i'am using brembo pads with the brembo discs and find them very good for road use

Clio 182
I've asked him for a price on the brembo pads. I was gonna go with yellowstuff pads but don't see the point when I'm only using them on the road.