ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Securing Number Plates :S

Seat Ibiza
Whats the best way, I know a few people are going to say screws, but I want to use sticky tape. I want to buy the smaller plate from fancyplates but I don't want it to fall off :)
Any good ones people have found?
Of eBay or shops?

Go to halfords. On the trade countery they willl have a little stand with 1mm or 6mm pads. Get 1mm for the front.

One either side of the plate and one in the middle.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My new plates will be halfords velcro'd on, using tape just now but verry messy when wanting take them off and pop them back on! Grrrrrr!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If someone wants the plates, whether they're held on wiuth blu-tac or araldite, they'll have them away.

Velcro .. 7cm circles IIRC .. strong stuff !!

Put the soft sides on the bodywork so you can clean the car without trashing cloths etc.

i used velcro and it was too strong. now when i try take my plates off the sticky bit from the car pulls away :( oops!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Years ago on my 106 i used heavy duty double sided tape all the way along the top and bottom lol looked ace then realised on the packet it says holds up to 9Kg, well those 5gram plates wont be moving.

Seat Ibiza
I guess Velcro would be a good idea, as im looking at getting a 3/4 plate, so i could keep the normal one in the boot incase the coppers weren't to kind to the plate :)
i would use tape but when cleaning id like to be able to remove them...!

And mate, if your plates have been nicked, do you think a phone call to be police would be a good idea? I mean they could be doing a bankjob or something?

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
And mate, if your plates have been nicked, do you think a phone call to be police would be a good idea? I mean they could be doing a bankjob or something?

I'm sure it's already been done, but if not, please do contact your local station, on the non emergency line. It is 99% certain that they will be used to cover their identity, with yours. Probably to nick fuel.