ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seats with better leg support?

Ph2 Clio 172
Having woken up the day after a few recent track days with a sore patch on the outside of my right knee, I've figured out what it is. I'm instinctively bracing myself against the door card with it when going through left hand turns. I'm a pretty big chap with long legs so I tend to sit more 'on' the standard seat than in it. So what options are there for seats that fit a Clio that aren't expensive, and offer much better bolsters to support my legs? I keep toying with a bucket but don't want the extra cost of a cage and harnesses, and running without those using a bucket means I'm obviously going to die :p.

Is there a simple swap with another road car seat that's decent? Having looked it doesn't even look like tthe Trophy Recaros are much of an improvement, plus they are ££££'s.

Ph2 Clio 172
Lol. Doesn't help in right hand turns :p.A bucket that can use standard belts, or a well supportive seat from another car would be ideal.

Cup In bits
Recaro pole positions are seatbelt approved but are also ££'s

I don't see why buckets need fitted with a cage, harnesses can be the 3 point buckle type so no different to a normal belt in terms off effort to clip in and you could get a full set for £300 or less if you shop about.

Ph2 Clio 172
I know, there's just a group of people who like to stroll around these forums saying that using harnesses without a cage means certain death if you roll it.

Personally I wouldn't care, it's the cost of a cage and harnesses that puts me off. Any replacement seat for me needs to use standard belts.

Cup In bits
You'll be struggling for a straight swap given that the seatbelt clasp is attached to the seats. Some fabrication required anyway.

I built two base frames for my car last week for £30, if you half that add a bucket £50-60 and a harness £30 then you can do your side for under £100

Ph2 Clio 172
I know very little other than another Clio seat would drop straight in. But I've seen people mention Evo seats and things before, so I assume there are options with minimal fabrication needed.

I could get a bucket and run standard belts, but there seem to be very few that support it. And they are usually the expensive ones too.