ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat wear on my MK2 172 leather (23k)

I have noticed the leather is cracking up and blistering the edge piping on the drivers side seat, its also starting to do it a bit on the passenger side.

The car has only done 23k and I was wondering if this is a common problem. I am only an average build so shouldnt put too much stress on the seats.

My car has to go in to have its bonnet release sorted. It no longer opens although the cable pulls ok. I was going to raise it with them then. I also hope they dont nacker the bonnet trying to open it. Still I will take pleanty of photos before it goes in incase any dents appear.

Yea I thought they might but for a 2 year old car it seems a bit soon. :( Stll having a crap week (see my exhaust for sale thread) may aswell accept the clio curse

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

You could try some leather cleaner then leather conditioner. To be honest youd probably find it wouldnt crack if youd have used conditioner from the start.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Youll ne looky to get anything off renault. I found that the alacantra pile rolled into small balls, but not cracking off leather, only creases which youd expect.