ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SEAT EXPLODED !!!

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Hi

was in my 1.2 2001 clio run around this morning pulled up at car park and the seat exploded scared the s**t out of me ears are still ringing. Had a look at this apparently happened to a few people and renault are not willing to do anything about it what would have happend if my 90yr old grandmother was sitting in that seat is it not wrong renault will not take responsibility for this ??

Ps does anybody know where I can get front N/s seat for a 2001 dynamic ??

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Yer was the seat is this a common fault then pretty shocking how renault will allow a car out the factory that has this fault !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not a chaep fix and so so so common on the clios always the same one and always something very silly can trigger it.

The drivers one is also bad for it.

Unlucky is the word.

MG ZR 160 VVC
This happened to my passanger seat too about half a year ago and only just got it fixed. I sourced a new seat on cliospares.co.uk with the airbag + sensor. Then it had to have the ECU reset. Cost something like £200 in total

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Im in a classing loling at this thread. reminds me of some thing...

[YOUTUBE]Vppxu70Wojo[/YOUTUBE]

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
No didnt touch anything £200 that sounds a lot I can get the ECU re set for nothing got one of those devices to do that and the seat should be able to pick up form fleeeebay for hopefully under £50