ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SE Detailing bods - Borrowing a PDG ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Does anyone in the SE (or anywhere else willing to post one out :eek:) have one I can borrow ?!

Thoughts of those who use them regularly would be ace..: Are they worth it ? Has it ever saved your bacon !?

I know they're useful .. best to be safe than sorry etc.. I'm sure it's best to check the paint than end up shelling out for a respray but I've already spent a fortune on bits and I can't really justify another £200+ for a PDG...

Has anyone got one I could borrow for a weekend to see how useful/pointless they are ?

Thanks !

Rob

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Err.. I don't necessarily need one.

Are they really worth it ? I spose to answer my own question, ask the man who's just shelled out to have a bodyside resprayed...

I've got a colleagues car over the Jubilee weekend (1-4 June) so if you don't need it for a couple of days, I'd be very grateful if you'd post it but totally understand if you won't haha !

Muchous gracious.

:approve:

I would, but I don't have it and am not up North before then.

How much do you know about the car? Have you any reason to be worried? I am all for them, but they can be over kill if you are looking to do a very small amount of correction work - touches wood etc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not worried by that car at all.. It's a 56 plate OAP mobile (Honda Civic) which he's just aquired .. it has probably never been over 2500RPM in its life, let alone out in the rain.

I just want to know what I'm doing with a PDG before I buy one and realise it was a waste of time...

I think you'r right.. probably overkill.

Thanks anyway dude :)

So, if anyone in/near me (Basildon) has one and would like to lend it out, please get in touch !

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm looking at purchasing one, I need one with the amount of sh*tboxes my polisher touches.