ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screen install

has anyone installed a TV/video etc. screen in their clio and do they have piccies of where you installed it ???

I have (as my title thingy suggests) a MK1 172 and all the curvey bits inside on the dash etc. make it difficult to imagine a square thing looking nice.....

Just wondered where people have found to be best...(if anyone has done this)

It wants to be in the front, not headrests etc. and I wondered about the glovebox ????

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by captain_clio on 06 July 2003

get a digital dash from a nova, and put it in there,fitted in ur clio. shud lok top
Mate this aint the random thread

Vr6man

in the mk1 the best place seems to be where the ashtray is or in the sunvisor.

or you could by a new dash top with no display (only came with "poverty spec" clios-and mod that)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cheap quite good but you get what you pay for ynos are quite good

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I pondered this for the Mk2 172 and the best I could come up with was to buy the fold away in dash one.

Not much help I know but you might want to consider it.

Im mounting mine behind the middle air vents. obviously im goin to block them up and take the gubbins out! then no-one except everyine on here will now its there. although my car is a dynamique and the middle vents are pretty useless, i wouldnt do it on a 172 cos you have air conditioning dont you? lucky buggers! lol, my car gets HOT!!

mine too!! its like a sauna, makes it worse with it being black.

my mates got a black nova, with digi dash. he never has problems tho, digi dash vents are very good

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Useless Tip #1:

For that extra cold nadgers sensation, switch the car onto recirculate when you have the aircon on, that way its cooling the already cooler air.

Is it that hard to fit air con urself if you get the sh*t you need outta a car from a scrappy? & run it off a seperate mini petrol tank so ur not running it off the cars fuel?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

i guess if you got one out a scrappy you might be able to retrofit it, but you would need the climate control console and all the wiring aswell. And it will probably need re-gassed which would be about 150 quid.

but 150 notes is still cheap compared to how much it would cost as an optional extra when you buy a car new! but i was talking about fitting it on a phase 1 clio, so I guess 150 is pretty good! what you mean by the whole climate control console? could you simply not just have the power setting & the air con button or am i being too simple?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

err.. I meant 150 quid to get it re-gassed.. god know how much the aircon unit + console would cost.. heh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You could always ask mate, I dont know how hard it would be to fit even if you did get it all.

Much cheaper to just roll down the windows..

lol, good call, but Im more thinking of when ur stuck in traffic with all the humidity etc etc, it sucks! Ill take a look into it.

lol it dont use petrol at all mate got no idea where you got that idea from

air con uses a belt driven by the engine so it uses more petrol by putting a strain on the engine making it work harder but it dont use petrol

thats what I kinda meant :oops:

what belt does it use? a seperate one? do you know how hard it would cost to retrofit one ?

its hard to retro fit you need a ecu from a car that has it and all the rest of the stuff it uses the aux drive belt also you need to be able to find space to fit it and possibly move stuff to make it fit

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ah sat nav, you lucky git..

although I am just about to fit an aftermarket full sat nav kit..