ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratch/Paintwork Help

Valver
Im getting a PC at the weekend and need to know whats the best compound to buy to rub out the scratches i have around the car, some you can feel with your finger nail but i have used the Quixx system on small ones and they dissapear, only thing is you only get little tubes and doing it by hand is pretty hard.

Anyway so i need to know whats the best compound for getting rid of scratches and then what product to use afterwards to get rid of the marring/buff marks.

What pad should i use and what RPM, lol i probably sound so amateur but i love the detailing world! :D

106 GTi
3 main groups of Polishes for defect correction by PC are:

Poorboys SSR 1, 2 and 2.5
Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish
Meguiars #83 and #80

I prefer the Menzerna's but the have the hardest learning curves, the Poorboys being the easiest and the Megs in the middle. All in all any will do the job you need them to.

Working methods differ as to which ones you choose.

Valver

With the Quixx system i had to use a very fine sandpaper (i couldnt even feel the sand) to sand the scratches down and then applied a cutting agent and then a polish, do you think i will need the sandpaper again for the scratches?

106 GTi
If you can avoid sanding again I would you only have so much clearcoat you can safely remove.

ibiza cupra
fere`cla G3 is good for getting rid of scratches and bringing back a shine but it is a cutting compound so dont go too mad with it. you can use it by hand but is more effective when used with a G - mop and polishing machine again be carefull not to burn through the paint or its a repaint jobbie