ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scotland run 12/08

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cracking run today, Glasgow, carluke, moffat, Dumfries.

Not got many foto's myself, i think Ally was snap happy tho!

First road trip for the vee, loved it, had the window down most of the day! The noise never grows old! - Nearly wrapped it in the morning tho coming off a round about...Vee+wet road = sideways!! Ah well, lesson learn'd

Video's crap, but the scenery is stunnin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUe0Mx0abM

Ali

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
like the chauster chariot.

pee'd off i missed this :(

mind you - heard the service was gash at the lunch stop.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
lol

wish i could of come but there was no way i could drive that distance with my arm.

had quite a fun day out anyway ;)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
still sore but got it checked at hospital and everythings fine :)

just badly bruised and all swollen.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali is that a dirty Vee I see :nono:

Yes yes! It was spotless, and i mean spotless before i went out! kind of like it dirty! haha! - Wash and wax tomo, and a polish on the bonnet after getting hit by a bit of plastic.

Quite a good turnout despite the less than ideal weather for a blast from the central belt to Dumfries and back, taking the scenic route...

Lot's of new cars: Ali with his Vee, Alan with his R27, me with my Cupra TDI (yes Ali, a diesel!), Big Iain with his 182.

Started off from the Coatbridge meeting place, headed cross-country on A-roads to Peebles, continued on to Innerleithen, B-roads and A-roads to Moffat, then down the main road to Dumfries. Eventually everyone managed to get parked together (hello Officer, yes of course we're behaving ourselves :clown:) and wandered into a pub for lunch (which shall remain nameless cos I can't remember...). S**te service, not other word for it: half of us got our food, the other half's didn't arrive so refunds were got. Nice chippy (cheers to Annie for directing us to that) and then a blast up the A74(M) back home in the pissing rain. I peeled off at J12 and headed cross-country and had a nice blast (and lost) against a Scooby STI...

All fun and games :)

Highlight of the day? rctempire's smokin' brakes after a bit of B-road action (unfortunately my pics of the smoke didn't work out, gutted)

The pics:

2007-08-12pic1.gif

2007-08-12pic2.gif

2007-08-12pic3.gif

2007-08-12pic4.gif

2007-08-12pic5.gif

2007-08-12pic6.gif

"Dad, are they boy racers?"
2007-08-12pic7.gif

2007-08-12pic8.gif

2007-08-12pic9.gif

2007-08-12pic10.gif

2007-08-12pic11.gif

2007-08-12pic12.gif

2007-08-12pic13.gif

2007-08-12pic14.gif

2007-08-12pic15.gif

2007-08-12pic16.gif

2007-08-12pic17.gif

2007-08-12pic18.gif

2007-08-12pic19.gif

2007-08-12pic20.gif

clio 182 FF
mmmmmmm yummy those frozen peas ...
BTW guys and gals how bad were my brakes anyone wantin my pads they are jus about new I cant stand them anymore

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
BRILL shots ally!!!

Your car sounds like a tractor! PMSL! Fast tractor, could barely keep up!
Adam's brakes were priceless - SMOKIN!! lol

See my car 'was' clean! ;)

Motorbikes
Aye holding the rest of us up ;)

Steven i could barely keep up with you in the 1.2! lol! Adam needs to come to your school of driving! ;) - Foolin son! Pace was good today!

Aye! I need to new tyres for it though, now worn down to the wear indicators!

To be fair though, when I did the rally expeirence at knockhill my instructor said i had "excellent natural ability" ;)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Aye holding the rest of us up ;)

Steven i could barely keep up with you in the 1.2! lol! Adam needs to come to your school of driving! ;) - Foolin son! Pace was good today!

Im still scared of my car to be honest, not enough power and the tread is getting to minimum limit on the front right now.

My brakes, ally post up the pic, i want to see the pics and see how they went. Think its new pad time boys? I was giving my wee clio a bit of stick for once.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Im still scared of my car to be honest, not enough power and the tread is getting to minimum limit on the front right now.

My brakes, ally post up the pic, i want to see the pics and see how they went. Think its new pad time boys? I was giving my wee clio a bit of stick for once.

not enough power! lol! I think you had enough judgin by your brakes!

I'm going to write to AP commending them on excellent brakes on the vee...Cheers for stopping on a corner Chas you gheybag! I nearly ended up in the bak of ally!!

Golf R soon...
Ali is that a dirty Vee I see :nono:

Yes yes! It was spotless, and i mean spotless before i went out! kind of like it dirty! haha! - Wash and wax tomo, and a polish on the bonnet after getting hit by a bit of plastic.

Haha! :)

Its good to see a V6 being used instead of sitting pretty :D

Care to sell it to me, I'm looking for one, still :rolleyes:

The sign on the hotel wall's a bit of a giveaway lol.

Sorry Adam, didn't keep the pics as there's absolutely no evidence of smoking, although it was definately visible at the time...

H22A7 Accord Type R
Crackin guys!!! please soemone remind me why i live so far away :(

Loving the cars guys! Borders run, hmmm, how far is that for me lol lol.......... really need to get on one of these runs!! top marks boys! How was the torque of the devil Ally?