ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion RS192 sound test

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
They sound great these systems and not too intrusive either. Guessing this one still has a cat fitted?

BG 182
They sound great these systems and not too intrusive either. Guessing this one still has a cat fitted?

Yeah mate, it's just a cat-back and it still has the standard cat in place. The sound is bang on, just what I wanted from an exhaust really

BG 182
Cheers for that mate, got the car booked in for a service soon and mentioned that I might get one of these to be fitted. Definitely getting one after seeing this.

That's next on my list as well, service and tyres. I would recommend one any day, best replacement for the standard exhaust with regards to sound levels and looks loads better as well. I had mine fitted by Birchdown and the guy who did it said it went on with no problems

RB182cup&golf gti
That's next on my list as well, service and tyres. I would recommend one any day, best replacement for the standard exhaust with regards to sound levels and looks loads better as well. I had mine fitted by Birchdown and the guy who did it said it went on with no problems

That's reassuring as mine is booked in there too :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Love my 192. They don't sound too loud with a decat either tbh. Can't decide if it's worth the hastle of putting it back on though..
Along with the ktax induction kit they're great all round apart from getting it to sit right:mad:.

BG 182
Love my 192. They don't sound too loud with a decat either tbh. Can't decide if it's worth the hastle of putting it back on though..
Along with the ktax induction kit they're great all round apart from getting it to sit right:mad:.

I've never heard one with the decat apart from on videos which don't do anything justice most of the time but I have considered it. I opted to have mine fitted rather than getting p****d off trying myself haha!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
They sound just the same but a few decibels louder but still not a pain on the motorway. Mine came with one but after replacing the hangers it's a b**ch to get it to sit straight. Probably no worse than other exhaust though...

BG 182
They sound just the same but a few decibels louder but still not a pain on the motorway. Mine came with one but after replacing the hangers it's a b**ch to get it to sit straight. Probably no worse than other exhaust though...

I know what you mean, I had the same problem with a 172 Cup before I got the 182, the exhausts just don't like sitting as you want them. I've got those uprated rear mounts from Prima Racing and they seem to hold it up perfectly but there is quite a bit more vibration I think

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've never heard one with the decat apart from on videos which don't do anything justice most of the time but I have considered it. I opted to have mine fitted rather than getting p****d off trying myself haha!

I've got a vid on YouTube of my decatted rs192. Sounds quite good for comparison between the vid and RL.

An orange one
Lol gawwwdd damn street racers

That pops and bangs remap is ghey but the black one sounds great!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's with decat and a bit of spirited driving. I use my car daily and its a tad more raspy that non decat but up to 3.5k its hardly noticeable. Sounds nice when its ticking over from cold :)

BG 182
That's with decat and a bit of spirited driving. I use my car daily and its a tad more raspy that non decat but up to 3.5k its hardly noticeable. Sounds nice when its ticking over from cold :)

Sounds a lot nicer than I thought. Suppose the silencer helps keep it not completely antisocial haha