ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion Exhausts Differences?

B/G 182 FF
Well the standard exhaust is on it's last legs so i've been looking around for something new.
After a bit of research I think i'm going to go with the RS192, but it looks as though there two versions of the scorpion exhaust.

pic3.jpg

and

Scorpion182cliosystem.jpg

Does any one know if there are any major differences? Obviously apart from the 1 or 2 silencers such as volume, gains etc?

clio 182cup
I don't really know the diffrence between 'cause i bought the 2 silencer version. But if i have to start from the beggining, i propably get the 1 silencer version...
Too much silincers and lot's of exhaust volume, needless or maybe to much for nothing...
or probably have pic at devil's...

recaro'd arctic 182
i have the bottom one and it sounds nice without being overbearing, sits nicely too. middle car BTW
sheffieldmeet025.jpg

Last edited:
  B/G 182 FF
OK thanks guys, I'll probably go with the single silencer then, going to be fitting it myself so could do without it been a pain to fit.
Just 1 more question though do you know if the tail pipes are slash cut on the single silencer version as there's no mention of it on the website and its difficult to tell from the pictures?

recaro'd arctic 182
their not slash cut no, AFAIK it's the milltek thats slash cut

sound quite good when you give it the beans

182, 172 Track Shed
Ive got the top system, with their decat pipe as well

Freds right, its never sat quite right, slightly off center and one pipe sticks out fractionally further (mounts were brand new so nothing to do with them before anyone mentions them)

If you were willing to spend some time under the car with a hammer, length of bar and a lot of patience you may be able to get it perfect

Sounds good though

Joe

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
According to Scorpion; their rolling road results showed both systems give almost identical gains..

Black Gold Trophy
I've fitted several of the top version, they are a good exhaust, the biggest hassle is getting the old exhaust off. They take a lot of fiddling in order to get them sitting perfect, but they do look great once you've got it right.
The best thing I did was chop the centre section out and weld a 2.5 inch exit onto the cat, the exhaust now sits absolutely PERFECT and the sound is great, I'll have to do some vids at some point!
Here's my thread when I did the cat mod http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?508396-2.5-inch-cat-mod-(almost-a-guide)&highlight=

recaro'd arctic 182
like i said earlier, at 70-80mph on the motorway it's not intrusive at all, doesn't drone. got a nice burble