ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTS low mile

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Picking up a set of Dunlop Direzza 03G Saturday, 3mm remaining (3.6mm new) for £140 notes.

Only down side is the size is larger, correct size is 195/45 these are 195/50. No choice due to price and tyre choice.

Should be fine with standard height.

6DA22450-69F9-488C-BA9F-C26EE512BC50.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the alignment done today and managed to put some miles on her, feels great and so it should of, it’s all new ? It’s very different to the Clio but it does feel more nimble which I’m assuming is down to being lighter.

Couple of cheeky shots whilst it was on the ramp.

1CCBB1EB-5C59-42E7-86AC-28439787092E.jpeg
8A89C811-4EA2-4925-9AF7-9319413E6083.jpeg
5A09D613-F917-4DE9-A133-DB4CFA8B523B.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a proper run today, £20 in fuel, 70 miles on nice dry roads I know well.

Just soaked it all up, really impressed. It’s as good as the clios if not a little better in the bends. Feels very nimble.

Passenger side has a numb knock over hard bumps so ordered inner arb bushes to swap out. Everything else is new.....

s**t pic when I got back ?

842D71DB-B558-4316-A41C-3AFB8E23A0FA.jpeg

Evo 5 RS
Gave it a proper run today, £20 in fuel, 70 miles on nice dry roads I know well.

Just soaked it all up, really impressed. It’s as good as the clios if not a little better in the bends. Feels very nimble.

Phoaw, blimey. Go back 10 years on here that's bloody fighting talk :D.

Honestly my only memory of these as I've never driven one is how heavy the bonnet is lol.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I see on FB the mini is up for sale already. Well, I assume it's you.

Aye. Finally having a additional large garage being built in the spring. Test drove a really nice GP1 so aslong as I can sell the mini it’s got my name all over it! Can’t own both as I have one space. If it doesn’t sell in the next few weeks I will stick with.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Out and about today, had some fun with lift off over steer which the wife did not like ? f**king thing has developed a knock on passenger side which I need to investigate. Not happy really as it’s all new but hey ho it’s french right!

EBC31A00-94EE-43F7-B7D9-93C7376697D2.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Sorted the knocking, looks like I didn’t recheck the caliber bolts when I stripped them for a second time, passenger side had worked itself lose, although only slight, certainly enough to create the knock.

Finally the car is booked in for paint middle of March.

Bonnet needs doing as you can see from pic.

Using the same guy that painted the exclusive, some of the best paint that I have seen.

96E059D1-FE22-4923-B065-9EE5C3D49371.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Dropping the VTS off today for paint, looking forward to this car being finished.

Once that’s done I will fit the nice new engine bits and give it a detail.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Be interesting to see your final costing for the resto. Ph1’s are definitely on the rise big time so shouldn’t be too long before the ph2s join the party.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Be interesting to see your final costing for the resto. Ph1’s are definitely on the rise big time so shouldn’t be too long before the ph2s join the party.

Don’t really want to think about it to much as I have gone to town on this. I reckon with paint it will stand me 3.5k.

Can’t be many like this on the roads now, especially running the factory exhaust ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car is pretty much done now, spent a few days sorting the external trims on arches so they all sit even. Changed the lower engine mount plus the gearbox mount as they had seen better days. Removed the sunroof, sorted drains, resealed and refitted.

All I need to do now is paint the cam covers and fit the new cosmetic parts for the engine bay and pillar decals and that's it.

Evo 5 RS
Prolly one of the best in the country at this point. Why do cars always look 10 times better when parked indoors, too lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the love or kudos for the dealer plates? They look s**t and ruin what looks a very clean car. Maybe even if they were clean but they're fucked?

Just put them in the boot should you need them in the future.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the love or kudos for the dealer plates? They look s**t and ruin what looks a very clean car. Maybe even if they were clean but they're fucked?

Just put them in the boot should you need them in the future.

It’s only the front plate. I hate the red boarder but want to keep original. Tbh it’s the last thing on my list purely because it’s the most simple part to change.

I’ll sort it over the next few weeks now everything else is done.