ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Tocco

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Anyone got one?
Experiences pliz?

My w890i has given up the ghost for the third time & orange are sending me out a refurb replacement today; thinking of giving up and getting myself one of these and ditching the SE.

Really don't understand why everyone raves about SE, I've had nothing but issues with mine.. wouldn't ever go with them again :(

172cup
I've got one. Great little phone... but crap at three things

1 being the camera. Very fidgety to use, not user friendly at all. ANd very slow
2 being the browser. Its not great in the slightest.
3 being the screen is extremely difficult to see in direct sunlight, even with the brightness turned up

I'd stil recommend one though, as everything else on the phone is really good.

Black Gold 182 FF
Mate of mine has had 2 and they both kept dropping calls after about 15 seconds- The helpline said it is a know issue which is being worked on- He gave up in the end and opted for a different phone.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Never had any problems with my SE Hayls, you might have a bad example? Find it a lot more intuitive than my previous Samsung, with more features, sturdier and a better user interface. The E720 I had seemed very basic in comparison to my K810i, although admittedly the K810i was the top spec phone at the time whereas the E720 was only mid-range.

Having looked at the Tocco spec it does seem Samsung have upped their game though and I do quite fancy a touch screen, even if my bro has managed to screw up his LG Viewty. Guess it all comes down to personal experience, I'd probably stick with SE though, or maybe Apple.

Got a mostly positive review here:
http://www.reevoo.com/reviews/mpn/samsung/tocco

and mostly not so good here:
http://www.recommendedbuys.co.uk/mobiles-phones-faxes/mobile-phones/samsung-f480.htm

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Ian, this is my third one if they ever drop it off... same fault each time, they're just dire :( Its my only experience of SE thou.. I'm a nokia tart.

Gonna try & get my hands on one I think.. :(

M2 Competition
Every SE ive had has been back for repair (on my 3rd model now) same for most people i know with an SE.

This one has been in 3 times now, and has just started crashing again.

Brilliant phones, let down by the reliability.

White APE
SE are utter crap. Had nothing but problems with them and i didnt shy away from telling them.

I now have a Tocco, had it from few days after it came out. Its a great phone imo, always liked Samsungs. As said, the camera is a bit pants, but other wise, a cracking little phone.

Has everything you need in a sleek little phone thats easy to use.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I am about to kill myself..

The replacement SE is even worse than the other two....

I give up!
Orange are getting a call today & i want something else now, three attempts at the same SE handset just takes the piss.
I'm paying for a service I can't use.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Never had any problems with my SE Hayls, you might have a bad example?

hardly !

ive had 5 SE phones over the last 5 years, and every year i have to send one back at least once, usually by the end of the year with a certain model, ive usually sent it back twice and onto my third one, as of yet i dont think ive had 4 of the same model but i wouldnt be surprised if i had to one year, SE phones when they work are the best thats why i stick with them, but the quality control they must go through is p*** poor, ive never kept one for a full year yet, and i never drop my phones, they look like new when im done with em

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ok ok, chillsit :) Guess I got lucky. I also look after my belongings and as long as it gets me though another six months I don't mind.

Anywho.. as far as I can tell the main problem with the Tocco is it dropping calls / not being loud enough and the battery life and an over-sensitive touch screen, oh and the camera. Other than that it does seem good. I think most phones aren't built to last, which is rubbish but true. Some on the other side of the fence just call it good business sense lol.

It's up to you Hayley but I'd get really pissy with them until they give you something for free, like a Nokia or this Samsung for example! Either way I don't recommend killing yourself. :)

White APE
Ok ok, chillsit :) Guess I got lucky. I also look after my belongings and as long as it gets me though another six months I don't mind.

Anywho.. as far as I can tell the main problem with the Tocco is it dropping calls / not being loud enough and the battery life and an over-sensitive touch screen, oh and the camera. Other than that it does seem good. I think most phones aren't built to last, which is rubbish but true. Some on the other side of the fence just call it good business sense lol.

It's up to you Hayley but I'd get really pissy with them until they give you something for free, like a Nokia or this Samsung for example! Either way I don't recommend killing yourself. :)

Cant say ive experienced any of these problems with mine. Camera is a bit of a let down though.

172cup

Cant say ive experienced any of these problems with mine. Camera is a bit of a let down though.

AGREED.

Touch screen is fine. Best sensitivity of any touch screen phone ive had before.
Battery Life is actually very good (aslong as you dont have the screen brighter than the sun)
Never dropped any calls yet
Speaker is absolutely fine. Same earpiece speaker operates the loudspeaker... and its LOUD