ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Monitors?

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Should I avoid curved monitors?
It's for the home office, so was tempted by this one as it looks sweet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0711S2JHQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Do the curved monitors have the same issues as the TV's, in that you need to be directly in front of it (which I probably will to be fair) to get the best out of it?
This curved one is half the price:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DTLSOA4/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Thoughts?!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I bought 2 of these for my home office, 27" curved:

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-c...hwv7N0lyKdQeWfl-b5YaAj69EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

They've been pretty good so far for the price! Ive yet to build a gaming pc but picture quality on the PS4 is good. The only downfall with them is you can't mount them to the wall, something i never knew until i got them home.

38006912586_d58fa40bf5_c.jpg

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of seating permission, with the curved screens I've found you're so much closer to them that where you sit doesn't really matter that much. They are really nice but personally I wouldn't pay much extra for one. Got a 34" ultrawide curved one at work and it's great for productivity but I find the more conventional 32" 16:9 screen I've got at home more immersive for games - and it was cheaper.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
I've ordered one of the ones you have @Arran_
Depending on how it all goes, may well go for a second once I get my new desk sorted.
Cheers!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I love curved monitors - both for gaming and productivity. For professional stuff I personally find it reduces the eye strain and neck strain after hours in front of the screens each day. I also find the curved screens more immersive for gaming (I have the two Acer Predator ultrawide curved monitors shown below).

IMAG1543.jpg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I love curved monitors - both for gaming and productivity. For professional stuff I personally find it reduces the eye strain and neck strain after hours in front of the screens each day. I also find the curved screens more immersive for gaming (I have the two Acer Predator ultrawide curved monitors shown below).

View attachment 1343960
Big fan of the centenario eh??
Looks an absolutely cracking setup tbh, used to have a dual widescreen setup at work and I loved that

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Big fan of the centenario eh??
Looks an absolutely cracking setup tbh, used to have a dual widescreen setup at work and I loved that
Erm... not a massive fan of the Centenario to be honest, but it happened to be the background wallpaper active when I took the photo! :tongueout:
I won't lie, I love the setup. It's a bit of a powerhouse which suits my work perfectly. It also doubles-up as a nice gaming rig so I get the best of both worlds. I struggle to go back to 'regular' monitors now as I prefer the additional horizontal real-estate such a setup offers.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
When dual screening, and using the main screen for excel, is there a way when filtering, for the filter box to appear on the monitor, not the laptop? 1st world problems I know, but where my mac is slightly off to the side, I have to then pan round to move the filter box into the main screen, I use the excel filter, close it, then next time I want it again, it's manoeuvred back into the laptop screen!!