ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Clio GT 1.6
I wanted to get the s4 so badly but in the end got an iphone 5, last time I made the switch to a gs2 I regretted it maybe for the galaxy s5! If only android had photo stream as well!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Im also loving Android at the minute too.

Picked up a chinese version of the Samsung with a 6.5" 1920 x 1080 screen. Downloaded a film last night via UTorrent and streamed it though my Xbox all from the phablet.

I never realised what i was missing out on with Apple IOS limitations

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im going to be upgrading to this next week. Bored with the i phone & i want better pic & vid quality

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I can't understand why anyone would pick the S4 over a HTC one?

Ugly design mostly from me, most HTC's over the years have never appealed to me because of their design. I can see why some would love; it's different and a bit more unique, but just not for me.

Upgraded from GS2 to GS4 a few days ago. It's a great phone, although coming from the S2 it doesn't really feel new - some of gimmicks like air gesture/view are cool for 5 minutes, before they start to annoy you. Upgrade was required because software updates were ruining the S2, which seems all too common with smartphones - they roll out updated operating systems, and when they adapt them for older phones, they never seem to be completely functional and require a lot of effort from the end user to get them stable.

Samsung's customer support is woeful in my experience, they are piss poor when it comes to supporting older tech, and Kies is the worst piece of software ever invented, luckily AirDroid works so well.

I still seem to be having a problem with saving defaults, which was a problem on my S2 before too, anyone else have this problem? When I open a link from Tapatalk say, it'll ask me what to open it with, I'll choose Internet, and select always, but then when I carry out the same selection again it'll ask me what to open it with again, and it does this every time. Thankfully, coming from the S2 I've got used to Android's quirks, and couldn't imagine myself ever going back to iOS, love the flexibility Android - I can play GTA with a Wii mote or a PS3 remote without having to root my device, wonderful.

Fiesta ST-2
I suppose design is always down to individual preferences, personally I think it looks and feels amazing. Coming from the S2, I seriously considered the S4, but thought the design was old and disliked the plasticy feel.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Plus there's a really good deal at O2 at the moment where you pay £50 upfront, and pay 20 a month for the handset, which sees you paying £530 for the handset in total, when it would cost you £650 to buy outright. Plus I'm an O2 Open customer, so overall it comes out at about £28 a month for me, which is fine by me, as I was paying £17 before hand just for a Simplicity (Sim only) deal for the S2.

​So I got a new phone, and my mums delighted to have my old phone, smiles all round.

Fiesta ST2
I got an S4 through work - had a choice of all the latest phones on the EE network. I previously had an old HTC and it was piss.. didn't want an iphone 5 so opted for something different to what I usually get.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I just saw a TV advert for this. I thought the lens was a joke. LOL

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Bump for this thread.

Anyone else get any issues when upgrading to 4.3? I had to hard reset after issues with the back button not working first touch and stutter when scrolling amongst other problems - these are resolved now, but the battery life is still awful.

I went from S2 to S4, both great devices - but through my ownership of both, updates from Samsung have always been a complete hash, always requiring the end user to sort issues caused by piss poor update packages - might change manufacturer next time, I've owned plenty of Samsung products, the hardware is always top-notch, but I've found that their customer service, software and lack of support for older hardware to be woeful at times.