ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung D6100 vs D5520

172 ph2
OK, simple question - before I spend my hard earned, anyone have experience of the difference between these two? - Comet currently doing the 5520 40" for £479 and cheapest I can find the for 6100 is £549 delivered.

Main issue for me is the refresh rate - 5520 is 100Hz, 6100 is 200Hz - would I as a layman notice the difference between the two - I game (exclusively xbox COD) and watch footie??

OK, another point - watching standard definition telly - in Comet it looks pap on all the large screen tellys - is that because of the feed to the low quality feed to them. Will there be a difference between how the 2 tellys above will look at home hooked up to sky?

Considered the Sony 40" KDL40EX723 - was impressed when I saw it at my mates, but his, and the ones in the shop all had their contrast turned up to full to make them look OK and they looked dark too... Heard that Samsung's smart TV is the best around as well - opinions please.

Thanks.
Chinaski

Honda & VW
Cant shed any light on this however im interested to see what peoples views are as ive got my eye on the 6100, cheapest ive found it for is £519 but not sure what the delivery cost is. Personally i would opt for the 6100 out of the two as for approx £60 more you're getting 3D which even if you rarely use it, at least you have it for whenever you do fancy it.

182 ff
ive got the 46" d5520
does everything i need only think it doesnt have is a built in wifi thing and you need to buy a wireless dongle to have the internet running thru it, misses didnt want a 3d telly ?? f**k knows why

Rav4
ive got the 46" d5520
does everything i need only think it doesnt have is a built in wifi thing and you need to buy a wireless dongle to have the internet running thru it, misses didnt want a 3d telly ?? f**k knows why

What concerns me is how you had let her dictate what you needed/wanted ;)

Honda & VW
Just bought the 6100 yesterday, watched a Blu ray last night and was very impressed.
So far I'm well chuffed with my choice